Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: 2nd Driver

2nd Driver

We arrive in Orlando on different flights, some 3 hrs between flights. My daughter is the 2nd driver of the hire car and arrives on the early flight. She will have a 1-year-old granddaughter with her and will find it hard to hang around the airport for 3hrs waiting for our flight to get in at 22:30. So she is going to find alternative transport to get from the airport to the villa.
    As the second driver, does she need to be in attendance when I pick up the hire car?

Florida Chatterbox
    I am sure Roger will give a definitive answer but I am pretty sure the 2nd driver needs to be there.

Administrator
    Yes, the second driver must be added to the paperwork before they are allowed to drive. You can do this at any convenient rental depot after you collect, so you can just go with her (take copies of all your paperwork) the day after you arrive.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Yes, the second driver must be added to the paperwork before they are allowed to drive. You can do this at any convenient rental depot after you collect, so you can just go with her (take copies of all your paperwork) the day after you arrive.
    Having said that Roger, on my booking last November i did online checkin with Alamo and filled in the 2nd drivers details. When we got to Miami airport we used the machines to get the paperwork and although i had to fill in the 2nd drivers details again and he was with me, at no point did anyone ask for his license or speak to him in person. At the garage i was only asked for my licence and credit card.

Administrator
    That's OK provided you do complete the entire online check-in process and include the second driver's details. If at any time during collection of the car they ask for ID or a signature from the second driver, then you will need to go to a convenient depot to arrange this before they can drive.

As you say, in general, the second driver is not generally asked for this at the garage, but I know things can change from one agent to the next, so I'm not able to say the second driver will never be asked for this on collection.

Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    Having said that Roger, on my booking last November i did online checkin with Alamo and filled in the 2nd drivers details. When we got to Miami airport we used the machines to get the paperwork and although i had to fill in the 2nd drivers details again and he was with me, at no point did anyone ask for his license or speak to him in person. At the garage i was only asked for my licence and credit card.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We had my son as the 2nd driver in May although he did not arrive until the day after us. We just took the paperwork to our nearest Alamo office and they checked that all was OK, best to dot your i's and cross you t's just in case.
    Lyn

Thanks guys.