Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Straight to garage?

Florida Junior

Straight to garage?

I know it's been asked before, just wanted to check what the latest best advice is.

I've booked & paid for our car through uscarhire, I've completed Alamo on line check in, printed out my Alamo online check in confirmation, it has the barcode at the top

So, straight to garage or kiosk or desk, which do you advise, arriving mid May, looking for quickest exit

Thanks

You are going to need to get a copy of the contract whatever you do.

It also depends on how many people are ahead of you. If the desk is free in mid May then it's a good route. The kiosk should be the quickest because all the info is already entered and ready for the barcode scan. A few people have had problems with the kiosks but they are the exception. This is probably the best route as you can then go straight to to lot and pick a car.

Going to the garage does work BUT it is not always faster, after all it's basically a one person hire desk. If a lot of other people have tried this before you then you get to wait in a slow hot queue because they still need to printout the contract. It was not Orlando but I have seen people turned away and told to go back to the desk or kiosk because they were to busy. They had a person outside the desk checking on why you needed to join the queue.

I have not flown into Orlando for a few years so others may be able to give you more recent view on what they are doing.

Regards Dave
    Last edited by DaveL; 27-03-2017 at 13:45.
    Dave Lewis

Florida Junior
    Ok thanks,
    I'll judge it when i get there then, if busy at the desk I'll give the kiosk a go

Administrator
    What Dave says is spot on. Strictly speaking you are not supposed to go straight to the garage, but Alamo do try not to turn people away for doing so (and have the ability to print your contract documents from the garage), but if they are too busy then they may well send you back to the kiosk. Kiosks are quick and easy and rarely any wait at all, so I'd tend to recommend that route.

Florida Junior
    Thanks, that's great

Florida Chatterbox
    Have used the Kiosks in Miami and Orlando many times without any problem. Bit of a pain that you have to type in much of the info that you put in already when doing online check in (Why is this Roger?) However much better than going to garage and being sent back.

Florida Expert
    When we visited in Feb we had checked in with Alamo online and were under the impression we still had to print out a contract from the kiosks when we arrived in Orlando! After trying several times the kiosk just kept saying "error" we therefore headed to the desk to be told as we had already checked in online there was nothing to do but go to the garage, pick our vehicle and drive to the exit barrier. When reaching the barrier the agent took our online check in print out, drivers license and credit card, printed our contract and we were on our way!
    Denise

Florida Junior
    Ooh, that sounds great, I assume you booked through here, on Alamo's website it does say though that the skip the counter requirements include that the reservation cannot be pre paid or direct billed to a third party, a voucher or business account
    Last edited by alanm; 10-04-2017 at 12:33.

Florida Savvy
    do what we do send the missus to collect bag's and beat the ques that way...

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I leave hubby to collect bags and get car myself, that way he can;t get conned into an upgrade we dont need
    Quote Originally Posted by drino View Post
    do what we do send the missus to collect bag's and beat the ques that way...
    Christine