Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed please!!

Florida Chatterbox

Advice needed please!!

I am looking to hire a car (from this site obviously) for our trip in September this year, it will only be my husband and myself this time. In the past I've always hired a SUV with enough room for 4 or 5 of us and I think I hired a standard SUV. I'm looking at prices and see that there are intermediate SUV's as well as standard ones. Price wise the intermediate is quite a bit cheaper and the description on the site says Nissan Rogue or similar, has anyone hired an intermediate SUV from this site before and what are your thoughts?
    Thanks in advance
    Margaret

Hi, we always have an intermediate SUV for 3 of us. It will take three cases in the boot so plenty of room for just two of you.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for your reply Sue. I was a little confused as I'm sure last time I ran a quote the choice of car for an intermediate was the Rav and I wasn't sure if the classes of cars had changed.
    Margaret

I think the choice of car varies with the hire company you go with, Dollar, Alamo etc. We have had a Rogue several times and find it a practical car.
    Gerry and Sue

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Margaret, we are just like you in that when there was a family of us we used to hire the std suv but since being only 2 we switched to intermediate for our last 6 visits. 3 times out of the 6 there was std size in the row. On the times there wasn't the smallest was a jeep compas which was still ample. On our last 2 visits the jeep renegade was the most available. All my bookings were through this site and with Alamo and most collected at Miami. I would always go with suv style as its my preference to drive.

We hired an intermediate SUV a couple of months ago. If there are two or three of you it is absolutely fine and with slightly better head room and height than a standard car, is better than some alternatives. Any more than two or three of you and it is way too tiny. It's not an SUV at all, it's a small crossover, or a high ceilinged small car. (Personal opinion, but backed up by Mrs T who isn't into cars at all). For "Intermediate" read "Small".

At home, Our daily use cars are a Range Rover and an Aygo. The intermediate SUV is much, much closer to the Aygo than the Range Rover.
    Last edited by Tonish; 14-01-2017 at 20:06. Reason: Grammar
    Tonish

We generally hire the intermediate SUV and found it ample big enough for four adults on our last trip. We hired through this site and choose the quote for Alamo.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for everyone's advice, I'm going to book the intermediate then !!
    Margaret

"Intermediate" from Alamo Nov. / Dec. 2017...
    Only SUV-ish vehicle in 'intermediate' rank strangely, lots of pickups & only a few saloon cars ???
    Very difficult to loose it in any carpark Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jeep 2016.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	1256

Quote Originally Posted by msmiff View Post
    "Intermediate" from Alamo Nov. / Dec. 2017...
    Only SUV-ish vehicle in 'intermediate' rank strangely, lots of pickups & only a few saloon cars ???
    Very difficult to loose it in any carpark Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jeep 2016.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	1256
    Intermediate car is not the same category as intermediate SUV
    Gerry and Sue