Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Been a while........

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Been a while........

Last time I was there we had to provide fingerprints at immigration.--Does this still apply or is it eyeball scans now?

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the Frog View Post
    Last time I was there we had to provide fingerprints at immigration.--Does this still apply or is it eyeball scans now?
    Fingerprints and photograph.

They do have the machines now at Orlando for fingerprints and photos but we always have at least one of our party who have a problem with this so don't bother with them anymore and queue for a human.
    Gerry and Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    They do have the machines now at Orlando for fingerprints and photos but we always have at least one of our party who have a problem with this so don't bother with them anymore and queue for a human.
    You don't get to choose on your own anymore, or at least this is what happend a month ago.

As you come to the immigration area, you are asked if you have traveled to the US with ESTA in the past 2 years. If yes, you are then sent to use the newish machines and then onto an office for check's if you get a X on the printed ticket, or if no X, just a quick stamp and onto customs. If you haven't travelled on ESTA in the past 2 years, you get put into a queue for the immigration officers for photo and fingerprinting.
    Wilf & Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by wilfy View Post
    You don't get to choose on your own anymore, or at least this is what happend a month ago.

As you come to the immigration area, you are asked if you have traveled to the US with ESTA in the past 2 years. If yes, you are then sent to use the newish machines and then onto an office for check's if you get a X on the printed ticket, or if no X, just a quick stamp and onto customs. If you haven't travelled on ESTA in the past 2 years, you get put into a queue for the immigration officers for photo and fingerprinting.
    We just ask to be sent to the immigration officer at that point even although we have travelled many times on ESTAs. It is usually quicker than getting an X and then joining the queue. Our daughter has special needs and can't do the machine without help, also my finger prints never register and it take several goes to get it right - machines never work for me, even the one at Gatwick always fails me ! Last time I tried to use the machine at Miami, the woman in charge got really cross with me because my fingerprints would not register - as if I can do anything about it !
    Gerry and Sue

Super Moderator
    We find that Stuart's passport although an e-passport will not read on the machines in the immigration hall so we explain the situation; still get sent via the machines 'just in case it works this time' and then end up having to queue when it doesn't work.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfy View Post

That's what happened to us last month and to my surprise the machine was simple to use and we got three tickets and were on our way in no time and got the passports stamped and on to customs.

Contrast that with our return to Manchester and the machine would not read my passport.

Florida Expert
    we didn't get to choose at Tampa in October and me and the wife both had bother with the machines, mainly with dry hands and positioning the fingers in the exact spot needed.

Farce really as you still have to then queue up and see an immigration officer anyway so don't see the point.