Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thomas Cook

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Florida Chatterbox

Thomas Cook

Hi everyone
    I'm back on the forum, after a break of about 7 years!!
    I'm now looking at flights for May 18. Although Scheduled flights (Virgin/BA) don't have our actual dates released yet, I have found Charter flights with Thomas Cook.
    I've never flown LH with TC before so wondering if they are ok? Would be looking at Gatwick- Orlando in the Premium Cabin as the price is so good.
    Anyone got any views?
    Karen

Florida Chatterbox
    Flew with them last Wednesday 17th May from Manchester to Orlando in premium and flying back tomorrow. We also flew into New York with them last May.

We generally fly premium with Virgin but the TC price was much better than Virgin for this trip and we have been impressed. The cabin crew were very attentive and the food is by James Martin and was as good, if not the best we have had on an airplane. They were every bit as good as Virgin except for the entertainment where Virgin have more choice but they still had some good and up to date films.

They provide excellent value for money and we will definitely book with them again.

Florida Chatterbox
    We have flown Manchester to Miami with them twice a year for last 3 years. Excellent service, decent premium cabin and excellent prices. Only problem we have had was last November when the return flight was delayed 24 hours due to a tyre issue. This is where you find out how good a company is. They transferred us to a hotel for the night, gave us food vouchers at the hotel and on boarding they gave us letters accepting liability and instructions on how to claim compensation. The compensation money was in my account within 14 days. I used the money to book return flights with some change left over. We are now midway through a 4 week break on Marco Island 😊

We always fly Virgin premium economy but needed a one way flight in April from Gatwick to Orlando as we had booked a cruise from Tampa for our return to Spain. It was a bit of a last minute trip so we booked premium with Thomas Cook as the price was very good and about one third of the cost of Virgin. We weren't expecting anything great but must admit we were pleasantly surprised. We didn't think the entertainment and seating were quite as good as Virgin but all in all it was great value for money and although we are using Virgin for our autumn trip we would certainly consider Thomas Cook for future trips based on price alone.
    Jim

Florida Chatterbox
    Wow, thanks for all the replies. Very reassuring, especially when you have all flown so recently.
    Thank you.
    Karen

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    My son and girlfriend are flying out from Stanstead in Late August - Half the price of BA and virgin for same dates.
    Christine

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by christhear View Post
    My son and girlfriend are flying out from Stanstead in Late August - Half the price of BA and virgin for same dates.
    Stansted just up the road from us, but unfortunately they only use this route in school holidays!
    Karen

Definitely the best flights we've done, wouldn't hesitate to recommend.
    If I had one small criticism it is that I really do not like being called 'hun' by the cabin crew, in fact by anybody, but maybe that's just because I'm an old grumpy so-and-so.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads_Taxi View Post
    Definitely the best flights we've done, wouldn't hesitate to recommend.
    If I had one small criticism it is that I really do not like being called 'hun' by the cabin crew, in fact by anybody, but maybe that's just because I'm an old grumpy so-and-so.

Thanks for the recommendation
    Haha, 'Hun' is that a Manchester 'term if endearment'!
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation
    Haha, 'Hun' is that a Manchester 'term if endearment'!
    I'm not sure if it is unique to Manchester, but its use is rife here, yes. Makes me cringe every time.
    Dave.