Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any good deals?

Any good deals?

Hi all,

I am looking for flights for March 2018 Manchester to Orlando. I can only find Virgin flying directly at over £1000 per person. BA come in at half this price but with a stop over. Has anyone got any ideas why Virgin is suddenly so expensive and secondly has any one seen any good deals lately.

Thanks
    Diane
    Diane.

Cant help with Manchester but I just got a friend flights with BA. Gateick>MCO £459 return 8th March for 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    Hi all,

I am looking for flights for March 2018 Manchester to Orlando. I can only find Virgin flying directly at over £1000 per person. BA come in at half this price but with a stop over. Has anyone got any ideas why Virgin is suddenly so expensive and secondly has any one seen any good deals lately.

Thanks
    Diane

I just got BA manchester>Heathrow-MCO retun for middle march for £460 on Skyscanner.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thomas cook flights around 560 direct but don't start until 3rd week in march

I've seen the BA flights too and thinking thats what I will be booking if nothing else comes up, I really wanted to fly direct but Virgins prices are way over the top.

Diane.
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox
    The Manchester-Heathrow-MCO route with BA I believe requires you to transfer from Heathrow to Gatwick unless you fly via Miami or some other hub. Seems a lot of hassle switching airports in London with all the bags.

Anyone done it and how easy is it ?

The Virgin prices from Manchester are getting ridiculous.

We usually fly Heathrow/Miami with Virgin at peak times (school holidays) as this is much cheaper than going direct to Orlando, even factoring an overnight stop in a Miami motel before the drive up to Orlando (4-5 hrs with a lunch stop via the 27). We fly out the day before our villa is available arriving in Orlando around 2-3pm the following day, usually can get straight in then. Our son and family prefer to do the drive straight off the flight but as we are usually in the villa before them, everything (food, beds etc) is all ready for them when they arrive around mid-night. We are all booked for late July/August this year and our son, wife and 3 children paid under £3000 for flights. Orlando would have been nearly twice that. Also the flight to Miami is much more pleasant than the Virgin to Orlando. The Miami route uses the dream liner.
    On the return, leaving the villa at the usual 10 am gets us back to Miami around 3/4 pm - again with a relaxed lunch stop, good timing for the 6pm flight home.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Oak View Post
    The Manchester-Heathrow-MCO route with BA I believe requires you to transfer from Heathrow to Gatwick unless you fly via Miami or some other hub. Seems a lot of hassle switching airports in London with all the bags.

Anyone done it and how easy is it ?.
    I have done the LHR-LGW transfer on other routes starting in Manchester On the outbound it's an expensive, inconvenient and frustrating experience. On the inbound transferring in the other direction after a long overnight flight is a complete nightmare.

There are plenty of good transatlantic options from Manchester these days and I don't even consider BA flights from LGW anymore.

Incidentally, BA's Miami flights don't use T5 so a terminal change is required if you fly in/out of Manchester.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 20-04-2017 at 18:52.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    I have done the LHR-LGW transfer on other routes starting in Manchester On the outbound it's an expensive, inconvenient and frustrating experience. On the inbound transferring in the other direction after a long overnight flight is a complete nightmare.

There are plenty of good transatlantic options from Manchester these days and I don't even consider BA flights from LGW anymore.

Incidentally, BA's Miami flights don't use T5 so a terminal change is required if you fly in/out of Manchester.
    Thanks, you have confirmed my view that this is not a route we should consider.

Its BA's easter sale, so I wouldnt take too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    I've seen the BA flights too and thinking thats what I will be booking if nothing else comes up, I really wanted to fly direct but Virgins prices are way over the top.

Diane.