Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any good deals?

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    I have done the LHR-LGW transfer on other routes starting in Manchester On the outbound it's an expensive, inconvenient and frustrating experience. On the inbound transferring in the other direction after a long overnight flight is a complete nightmare.

There are plenty of good transatlantic options from Manchester these days and I don't even consider BA flights from LGW anymore.

Incidentally, BA's Miami flights don't use T5 so a terminal change is required if you fly in/out of Manchester.

Hi Phil, who are you flying with at the moment?

Diane
    Diane.

Katys Grandad is correct. I should have looked more closely at the route. It would be a nightmare journey. Apologies but the uote just showeed one layer over. Change of airport was hidden away.

I have done the LHR-LGW transfer on other routes starting in Manchester On the outbound it's an expensive, inconvenient and frustrating experience. On the inbound transferring in the other direction after a long overnight flight is a complete nightmare.

There are plenty of good transatlantic options from Manchester these days and I don't even consider BA flights from LGW anymore.

Incidentally, BA's Miami flights don't use T5 so a terminal change is required if you fly in/out of Manchester.

Ive just noticed Virgin have updated the website, I can now fly direct, use miles + money for £500 each still pondering .....
    Diane.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    Hi Phil, who are you flying with at the moment?

Diane
    Hi Diane

To be honest, due to the exchange rate we've no current plans to travel to the US as we're finding better holiday value elsewhere just now.

I used to place a lot of importance on sticking with specific airlines but for Economy travel there really isn't that much difference between any of them so it's all about price for me now. I suppose we all have our own ways to go about finding the best prices and if it was me I wouldn't be in any hurry to book anything for 2018 because there will be sales and offers between now and then. That said, I recognise that a lot of people like certainty and book as soon as the flights are released and that makes sense for them. At the end of the day the usual advice that you should book when a price you're happy with crops up is still sound provided we all accept that there's every possibility a better one will inevitably come along!

Hi Diane

To be honest, due to the exchange rate we've no current plans to travel to the US as we're finding better holiday value elsewhere just now.

I used to place a lot of importance on sticking with specific airlines but for Economy travel there really isn't that much difference between any of them so it's all about price for me now. I suppose we all have our own ways to go about finding the best prices and if it was me I wouldn't be in any hurry to book anything for 2018 because there will be sales and offers between now and then. That said, I recognise that a lot of people like certainty and book as soon as the flights are released and that makes sense for them. At the end of the day the usual advice that you should book when a price you're happy with crops up is still sound provided we all accept that there's every possibility a better one will inevitably come along!

Hi Phil,
    as always good common sense advice, I konw what you mean re the exchange rate, we are spending time in Spain at the moment, perhaps we will see you there? ;-)

Diane x
    Diane.

Florida Newbie
    Indian Ridge Oaks since 1997. www.orlando.uk.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Oak View Post
    The Manchester-Heathrow-MCO route with BA I believe requires you to transfer from Heathrow to Gatwick unless you fly via Miami or some other hub. Seems a lot of hassle switching airports in London with all the bags.

Anyone done it and how easy is it ?

The Virgin prices from Manchester are getting ridiculous.
    The BA Amex Companion voucher scheme invariably only offers ABZ-LHR then LGW-MCO. We have done this route many times. We use a local transfer company and it has always gone well. The BA timings seem to allow for this : 3-4 hours between LHR arrival and LGW departure. We usually have time in the lounges at LGW/LHR before catching our next flight. The only hassle is collecting and then rechecking luggage.