Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Black or Blue?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I am sure my one was black

It seems crazy to me that some people are so set on wanting it to go back, really can't understand that. So long as it does the job it is intended to do that is the most important thing Though a bright yellow might be a bit much
    Should we go back to pounds ,shillings and pence too . My parents still use the old imperial system, they have never understood decimalisation.

Dave

I use a mixture. My weight in stones, hight in ft and inches and bra size in inches etc- no idea what they are in metric. When I cook/bake, I am happy with either oz or grams but I do think of an egg as 2oz so if I am not using a recipe I would use oz when making a cake etc. I still buy veg, meat etc in pounds and milk in pints but petrol in litres and my garden watering can is in gallons !. Hot temperatures in F - 80. 90 etc, this is reenforced by time in Florida - our A/C is set in F, but cold 0 - 15 in Celsius (usually in UK for cold temp). How weird is that ? And of course, distance is in miles not kilometres.
    I was at school in the 60/70s and I guess that is how we did it then - a bit of a mixture, but my science degree in the 70s should have got me into metric. When it comes to £, shillings and pence, I do remember them but as I was about 12 when we went decimal, I am also comfortable with that.
    Last edited by Gerry Reed; 17-04-2017 at 09:44.
    Gerry and Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    I use a mixture. My weight in stones, hight in ft and inches and bra size in inches etc- no idea what they are in metric. When I cook/bake, I am happy with either oz or grams but I do think of an egg as 2oz so if I am not using a recipe I would use oz when making a cake etc. I still buy veg, meat etc in pounds and milk in pints but petrol in litres and my garden watering can is in gallons !. Hot temperatures in F - 80. 90 etc, this is reenforced by time in Florida - our A/C is set in F, but cold 0 - 15 in Celsius (usually in UK for cold temp). How weird is that ? And of course, distance is in miles not kilometres.
    I was at school in the 60/70s and I guess that is how we did it then - a bit of a mixture, but my science degree in the 70s should have got me into metric. When it comes to £, shillings and pence, I do remember them but as I was about 12 when we went decimal, I am also comfortable with that.
    You sound exactly like me, similar in age I reckon as well

Liz