Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black or Blue?

Sounds
    i,e it is worth doing then Maureen

Florida Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by floridageoff View Post
    Definitely dark blue
    From March 2019 you will be BACK to U.K. Blue Passports minus the EU Logo

You will be Out of Europe at that time .

You will have to join the Non European Q when travelling to the rest of Europe.

Florida Expert
    Just looked at one of ours and it is a very dark blue, but almost black looking. Depending on what light you look at.

My last UK one was very dark blue with the nice hard cover. My current one will no expire until 2013 but I will willingly pay for a new one!

Andrena

Quote Originally Posted by cork View Post

Being a non EU country we won't have a need for an EU point of immigration just a UK one and the rest of the world. It will be you joining the Non European Q if you want to visit here. As for us Brits, we will travel around the EU through the short queues while you stand in those massive EU lines. Of course, we will still be a European country.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    I use a mixture. My weight in stones, hight in ft and inches and bra size in inches etc- no idea what they are in metric. When I cook/bake, I am happy with either oz or grams but I do think of an egg as 2oz so if I am not using a recipe I would use oz when making a cake etc. I still buy veg, meat etc in pounds and milk in pints but petrol in litres and my garden watering can is in gallons !. Hot temperatures in F - 80. 90 etc, this is reenforced by time in Florida - our A/C is set in F, but cold 0 - 15 in Celsius (usually in UK for cold temp). How weird is that ? And of course, distance is in miles not kilometres.
    I was at school in the 60/70s and I guess that is how we did it then - a bit of a mixture, but my science degree in the 70s should have got me into metric. When it comes to £, shillings and pence, I do remember them but as I was about 12 when we went decimal, I am also comfortable with that.
    You sound exactly like me, similar in age I reckon as well

Liz

Prety sure the visa waiver is not done on a euro basis. Rather it ncludes teh United Kingdom. It is open to some non EU countries already such as Chile.
    The EU is currently considering cancelling the USA visa waiver over some clerical error. Not sure if that has been sorted out.If tehy do you can garentee Trump will hit the EU back harder. It's what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by cork View Post

Florida Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
    Being a non EU country we won't have a need for an EU point of immigration just a UK one and the rest of the world. It will be you joining the Non European Q if you want to visit here. As for us Brits, we will travel around the EU through the short queues while you stand in those massive EU lines. Of course, we will still be a European country.

Dave
    All EU passport holders , including me , will have an EU Q.

All other passport holders INCLUDING UK Passports holders will be in a different Q

I have an Irish Passport & so I will be in the EU Q Note I am entitled to have a UK passport one as well

I would have sworn my old passport was dark blue but just come across my very first one (1967) and it is definitely black when compared to black or navy leather (handbags).
    Maureen Green

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Green View Post
    I would have sworn my old passport was dark blue but just come across my very first one (1967) and it is definitely black when compared to black or navy leather (handbags).
    Amazing what you find when clearing out cupboards! Just come across all our old passports - goodness knows why we kept them! A couple are really black and the rest are dark navy blue. I guess it depends on the year and whether the dyes change with age.
    Maureen Green