Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black or Blue?

I am sure my one was black

It seems crazy to me that some people are so set on wanting it to go back, really can't understand that. So long as it does the job it is intended to do that is the most important thing Though a bright yellow might be a bit much
    Last edited by Karen; 05-04-2017 at 21:09.

Super Moderator
    My old passport was definitely more robust than the modern flimsy ones we have today

Mine was blue, very similar in colour to the Australian passport.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I am sure my one was black

It seems crazy to me that some people are so set on wanting it to go back, really can't understand that. So long as it does the job it is intended to do that is the most important thing Though a bright yellow might be a bit much
    Should we go back to pounds ,shillings and pence too . My parents still use the old imperial system, they have never understood decimalisation.

Dave

Florida Newbie
    Another vote for dark blue.

I use a mixture. My weight in stones, hight in ft and inches and bra size in inches etc- no idea what they are in metric. When I cook/bake, I am happy with either oz or grams but I do think of an egg as 2oz so if I am not using a recipe I would use oz when making a cake etc. I still buy veg, meat etc in pounds and milk in pints but petrol in litres and my garden watering can is in gallons !. Hot temperatures in F - 80. 90 etc, this is reenforced by time in Florida - our A/C is set in F, but cold 0 - 15 in Celsius (usually in UK for cold temp). How weird is that ? And of course, distance is in miles not kilometres.
    I was at school in the 60/70s and I guess that is how we did it then - a bit of a mixture, but my science degree in the 70s should have got me into metric. When it comes to £, shillings and pence, I do remember them but as I was about 12 when we went decimal, I am also comfortable with that.
    Last edited by Gerry Reed; 17-04-2017 at 09:44.
    Gerry and Sue

I have an old dark blue one but it is ver dark. I wish they would do away with them and simoly have a credit card with a chip. Anyone done the global entry thing for the USA yet? If so is it much of chore, I really need to get it.

So, this in The Times today, turns out it wasn’t only me who was puzzled.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...blue-6b9fz2g58
    Tonish

Florida Chatterbox
    Yes agree - dark blue (very dark..)

We did the Global Entry Martin and it was quite easy to do. Partly done online from the UK. Once our application had been conditionally approved we had to schedule an interview at a Global Entry Enrolment Centre of our choice (Tampa, Orlando, Miami Airports). I think it had to be done within 6 months. We chose Miami Airport and turned up at the office with plenty of time. Walked in and surprised to discover the waiting room full but apparently they had had a computer breakdown. They soon caught up and we were only 30 minutes late being called in. We were interviewed separately but had much the same questions "why did we want it" and the usual sort of immigration questions, passport check, photo and finger prints. Ten minutes and we were given an Approval number receipt immediately and told the official letter would be emailed.
    We have used it a few times to enter Miami and Tampa and the machines just take seconds to print off two receipts, one with with your photo to hand in at Customs exit and the second to keep in your passport with date of entry and allowed exit. As yet we have never been asked for our approval letter. The main benefits for us are being able to walk straight through immigration with hand luggage without all the snaking back and forwards waiting to go to the UK passport machines or a manned desk.
    Maureen Green