Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Straight to garage?

Florida Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by drino View Post
    do what we do send the missus to collect bag's and beat the ques that way...
    That's what I've done in the past

Florida Junior
    Just to update, & not exactly sure what I did but went to the Alamo online check in page & re-entered my name & Alamo ref number supplied by uscarhire, I was able to enter my card details for skip / bypass the counter & clicked proceed & an error message came up but when I went back to my online check in page, there was an option to view my straight to the garage ticket, I clicked on it and there it was, a lot of my details are missing but from reading on another forum about another supplier, that's ok, my straight to the garage ticket includes a barcode at top also

Florida Chatterbox
    Came in on Wednesday. I had previously checked in on line and went to join the queue for the main desk but an Alamo representative saw my online check in and told me I was good to go and go straight across to the garage where I was told to pick my vehicle. Unfortunately they had no standard SUV's and they offered me a Dodge Caravan but I told them that I wanted a SUV and they brought one round from the other terminal.

At the exit the attendant took my driving licence and credit card and then gave me the paperwork and we were on our way.

So if you have checked in online you can go straight to the garage.

Florida Junior
    Also came in last Wednesday, had no issues going straight to the garage, got a lovely new Dodge Charger, 20 seconds at the exit barrier & we were on our way

Collected a car from Alamo, Miami this morning. I had already checked in online, received a confirmation with bar code and a note to say do not go to desk. Went straight to garage where a member of the Alamo staff said the rule is only go straight to the garage if the confirmation has printed on it the words 'Go straight to Garage'. We had stayed overnight and were there at 10 am so were told not a problem as they were not busy. Not many cars left so we were upgraded for free. Garage has changed since we last collected a car 6 months ago. There is still an Alamo booth and the girl in it just looked at driving licences and credit card, printed off the usual paperwork - two minutes at most. Previously we had exited at the Toll Booth but there are now several exits off to the right of the garage. Quickly showed the paperwork, bar code on car was scanned and we were off. We could not have been more than 15 minutes in the garage in total.
    Last edited by Mo Green; 28-05-2017 at 15:53.
    Maureen Green

Florida Newbie
    We flew into Orlando MCO on 24th April. I did the Alamo Online Check in, plus got the "Skip the Counter" document. My son-in-law had a separate car and only did the online check in. Both cars were hired thru US Car Hire. We both went straight to the garage, selected our cars and drove to the Exit. Neither of us had any problems, showed the OLCI/Skip the counter documents (both documents have a bar code), driving license and credit card. within 2-3 minutes we were given our contracts and we were on our way. Very straight forward and easy to do.
    David

Florida Savvy
    Has anyone had a problem going straight to the garage in Tampa?

Twice last winter I was sent back to the desk by an Alamo employee who was checking the paperwork as you arrived at the garage. I had done full check in online in advance. She was very forceful in saying that nobody should bypass the counter as it caused a backlog at the check out. On returning to the counter the guy wanted to know why I was there
    All other dealings with Alamo have been excellent!

We have been going straight to garage in Tampa for sometime. Admittedly we now stay overnight in Tampa on arrival. By the time we go to collect the car next morning it is usually quiet.
    Maureen Green