Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: COELIAC Disease

Florida Savvy

Question COELIAC Disease

My mother who is coming with us on our trip to Orlando in October 17 has coeliac disease so therefore requires a gluten free diet, my question is this condition widely known about in the restaurants in the Orlando area and is it common for eateries to have gluten free options On their menus

Thanks
    Ian Mcc

I have just googled some of our favourite restaurants and added the words gluten free after the restaurant name. They all provided me with gluten free menus so I can't see this being a problem.
    Olive Garden, Carrabas and Bonefish all have gluten free menus and a whole list of others came up as well including Red Lobster and Chillis.
    Restaurants generally are very nutrition conscious so I can't see it being a problem.Enjoy!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mcc View Post
    My mother who is coming with us on our trip to Orlando in October 17 has coeliac disease so therefore requires a gluten free diet, my question is this condition widely known about in the restaurants in the Orlando area and is it common for eateries to have gluten free options On their menus

Thanks
    Hi Ian, yes coeliac disease is well known in the US and many restaurants have gluten free options on the menu. If there is nothing mentioned on the menu you can ask the servers and they should be able to point you in the right direction to find suitable dishes or at least get someone who could advise you. There are lots of gluten free items now available in the supermarkets too. 😊
    Julie

Florida Savvy
    Thanks Liz
    Ian Mcc

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Hi Ian, yes coeliac disease is well known in the US and many restaurants have gluten free options on the menu. If there is nothing mentioned on the menu you can ask the servers and they should be able to point you in the right direction to find suitable dishes or at least get someone who could advise you. There are lots of gluten free items now available in the supermarkets too. 😊
    Thanks Julie hope the holiday is going well, not too much DIY mind
    Ian Mcc