Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta airport

Florida Junior

Atlanta airport

Hi
    We are traveling back from Orlando later this year withVirgin via Atlanta. We are travelingfrom Orlando with Delta to Atlanta and then Virgin to Manchester.

The stopover is 2hrs has anyone done this and is 2hrs longenough to change over
    Thanks

Graham

2 hours is plenty but don't hang around. I have always had to clear security again (shoes off). Leave the coffee and pee stops till you are at the concourse . Also when you check in, check that your cases are check all the way to the UK. Some flights you need to collect and drop off again. Its a simple process but can be confusing if you are not aware.

Florida Junior
    Hi

Thanks for the reply I have spoken to Virgin and they say the bags are booked through to Manchester from Orlando

Graham

That should be the case but get it confirmed at check in and make sure you have 2 boarding cards. I have twice had issues with virgins code share. This was caused by me checking in online with virgin, when the system should have diverted me to Delta. So although I was techinically checkin. It wasn't on Deltas system. No idea what teh problem was 2nd time around but I just was not showing up for the onward flight despite having a boarding card. Other than that the flights were great.

Quote Originally Posted by junior View Post
    Hi

Thanks for the reply I have spoken to Virgin and they say the bags are booked through to Manchester from Orlando

Graham

That helps a lot - you only have to get yourselves to the new gate. We did it a year or so ago and I think we only had 1 1/2. It was a rush and no time for shopping but we did it. Try to get off the first plane ASAP - you could tell crew you have a transfer and if there is a long queue at security ect, tell them you have a transfer and you are in a rush - they will normally put you to the front.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    We have done atlanta with less than one hour. Changed terminals one time, not the other. did it with Ease. Need much longer on the way in though
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    It' a long time since I flew that route but I believe I'm right in saying that both flights will be operated by Delta so I wouldn't expect there to be any problems connecting as Atlanta is their major hub so the vast majority of passengers will be going on to another destination. Of course delays can occur but they wouldn't sell you the ticket if the timings didn't work out.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've done that route a couple of times recently KG. The ATL-MAN leg is Virgin operated.

All times I've flown it the Delta flight arrived at concourse A and the Virgin flight departed concourse F.

I remember that because on one flight I had bags of time so I walked. Great fun ticking down the letters as you get to each new train stop.

Graham - Even if you have to get right across the airport, don't worry, you should have plenty of time.

Atlanta has a brilliant underground train that connects concourse to concourse. You never wait more than a couple of minutes for one.

Once you have landed, find the big departure boards to find out which concourse your Virgin flight departs from. It will probably be F, but check. Then follow the signs for The Plane Train. Make sure you get the one going in the right direction and you'll be there in 5 to 10 minutes.

If you end up with bags of time, Jekyll Island Seafood is a smashing place to get something to eat. Very tasty for airport food.
    Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    I've done that route a couple of times recently KG. The ATL-MAN leg is Virgin operated.
    Thanks. I'm obviously well out of date on that (amongst many other things!)

Gold 5 Star Member
    Graham - Here you go - Some facts for you.

I last flew the MCO-ATL-MAN route in December.
    VS5206 (operated by DL) MCO-ATL. Scheduled to arrive at 15:57.
    VS110 (operated by VS) ATL-MAN. Departure time 18:00.

Without any rush at all we connected from concourse A to F. Had a walk to the gate to see if they could put us on a bulkhead row. Walked back to Jekyll Island for something to eat. Went upstairs to Starbucks for a coffee. Walked back to the gate. Picked up our new boarding cards. And that was it. No rush. Time to spare.
    Steve