Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice needed please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    Intermediate car is not the same category as intermediate SUV
    Very true !!!
    However, there always seems to be a motly assortment of vehicles in the "INTERMEDIATE CAR" rank at MCO (not so at SFB where the choice seems to be far more limited)
    Jeep Renegade wouldn't 'fit' in the "Intermediate SUV" category as far too small !!!
    Would appear to be a "Compact SUV" & I've never seen that rank anywhere (so far)....
    Last edited by msmiff; 15-01-2017 at 15:00.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by msmiff View Post
    Very true !!!
    However, there always seems to be a motly assortment of vehicles in the "INTERMEDIATE CAR" rank at MCO (not so at SFB where the choice seems to be far more limited)
    Jeep Renegade wouldn't 'fit' in the "Intermediate SUV" category as far too small !!!
    Would appear to be a "Compact SUV" & I've never seen that rank anywhere (so far)....
    When we were over in May the intermediate SUV line was full of Renegades ( at least 8 of them) We were about to choose one (even had the cases in) as we felt they were larger than the other options of Mazda and Chevy. Then they drove in a Cherokee and parked it next to me so I quickly swapped the cases over and took the Cherokee. If you had the Renegade though I would like to know what you thought of it because at the time I thought it was fine for the two of us and looked a higher ride that the other options

Rengade fine for 2 - probably a bit small for 4..
    Big enough to take a dishwasher (in it's box) with back seats down
    Eventually got used to keyless everything (just keep key in pocket).
    Didn't like fuel consumption - only 23mpg & I don't drive hard...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jeepnag.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	1258
    Didn't appreciate "nagware" on radio screen....

Nova Scotia, Canada & Windsor Palms Resort Kissimmee
    We always book an intermediate SUV and find it is large enough for 3 adults with 3 large suitcases and 3 carry ons. We always stop at the grocery store before arriving at the house and have plenty of room to load the groceries along with our luggage. On one trip we put a 32 inch tv in the back along with a bed side table and a new stroller and still had 3 adults sitting in the vehicle..

Quote Originally Posted by Sunkissed View Post
    We always book an intermediate SUV and find it is large enough for 3 adults with 3 large suitcases and 3 carry ons. We always stop at the grocery store before arriving at the house and have plenty of room to load the groceries along with our luggage. On one trip we put a 32 inch tv in the back along with a bed side table and a new stroller and still had 3 adults sitting in the vehicle..
    There is no way this would have fitted in the one we got, or any other of the other two or three available in the lot when we picked ours up in October. I guess there is a range available and we were unfortunate enough to be stuck with the tiny ones.
    Tonish

Florida Newbie
    I already put the question on the forum, but can you explain the difference between the catagory Intermediate SUV (IFAR) and Standard SUV (SFAR)?

When you look at the specification for the cars (RAV4 / Nissan Rogue / Ford Escape and Hyundai Santa Fe / Chevrolet Equinox), the Intermediate often has a higher cargo volume than the Standard.

Isn't the IFAR supposed to be smaller than SFAR?