Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is Alamo?

Florida Savvy

Where is Alamo?

Good morning

I have just run a quote for a rental of 29 days from March to April, beginning and ending at Tampa Airport. The results have thrown me a little:

There were no results from Alamo who I prefer to use if possible?

The amount quoted was just an approximate amount but said my card would be charged in dollars. When did this start happening?

What am I missing?

Thanks
    Last edited by No Shoes; 08-01-2017 at 16:17.

Florida Junior
    I've just done a dummy quote Tampa/Tampa with Alamo; it did take a long time to come up with quotes but it did and all in £. Give it another go.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I've just done a quote using my referrers link https://www.uscarhire.com/?villa=1436 Only took a few minutes and Alamo comes up. You are welcome to use my link
    Christine

Florida Savvy
    Thank you for your help. I am now seeing Alamo options for my quote. I suspect their server was down when I ran my original. Although that doesn't explain why the Dollar quotes were in dollars. I wonder if it is detecting the fact that I am currently stateside?

Administrator
    Dollar rent a car is quoted in US Dollars (with an approx £ amount for guidance). Alamo can be quoted in £, € or $ depending on your choice.

Florida Savvy
    Thank you Roger.
    One other issue, have you had an issues with your website? I am using the system from an iPad and when I get to the screen to choose which hire option I would like non of the buttons work? I have refreshed and also requested new quotes but still when I touch the buttons they are not registering?

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    No issues that we know of and others seem to be booking with no issues. Can you try re-starting your iPad and see if that helps?

Quote Originally Posted by No Shoes View Post
    Thank you Roger.
    One other issue, have you had an issues with your website? I am using the system from an iPad and when I get to the screen to choose which hire option I would like non of the buttons work? I have refreshed and also requested new quotes but still when I touch the buttons they are not registering?

Florida Expert
    When we flew to Tampa in October we had a hire car from British Airways as part of a package (1st time in years we'd done that as we usually book off here but the inclusive price for car and flights was too good to turn down) which meant we had a car from Avis (along with everyone else on our flight) and waited 2.5 hours in the queue before getting our car.

All the while Alamo and Dollar had no queue and people hiring from them were fixed up in minutes!!

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    We did this once. When we finally got to the front of the queue there were no cars available. Asked why we booked an arrival time if they didn't have any cars available - had to wait another hour.
    Learnt my lesson - had always rented my car through here and since that episode have continued to rent through here. It didn't turn out to be as fabulous a bargain as we thought
    Christine

carhire site playing silly beggers?

Ran a quote a couple of hours ago, and cheapest selection was from dollar.. Now when i run the same quote - dollar + thrifty are no where to be seen... is this a link problem to these sites?
    Wilf & Sarah