Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highlands Reserve

Florida Chatterbox

Highlands Reserve

Can't find any recent info on Highlands Reserve.
    Staying here in May 18 and interested to know what the nearest restaurants are.
    Also is there anything within walking distance. We are staying on Troon.
    Thank you
    Karen

Florida Savvy
    Loved staying at Troon Circle, it is not far from the new IHOP at Berry Town Centre which may be within walking distance if you are fit. Personally, I would use the car. There are several other restaurants and takeaways to choose from as well as Publix supermarket. Look on Google Maps to see the location and the local roads. The short route to the shops is along N Hampton Drive to reach Sand Mine Road at the back of Publix.
    Scorpio

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Scorpio
    Thanks for the info, that's really useful.
    Karen

Florida Chatterbox
    I stayed at Highlands some years back. The villa backed onto Sand mine road. The shops across the road were very handy but the noise of the trucks going down Sand mine road from early morning were a total pain. Seem to remember driving most nights for a restaurant although there were some by the shops. There was an English chippy but dont know if it survived

Florida Savvy
    Troon is far enough away from the main road, so traffic noise is not a problem.
    Scorpio

Florida Chatterbox
    We are backed on to the golf course so hopefully will be fine ��
    Karen

Florida Junior
    Highlands Reserve is a great place to stay.

Within a 15 mile drive to Disney Springs .... depending on which way you turn onto Hwy 27

Turn Left & then follow Disney signs onto Hwy 192 ..... passing Many great Eating Places ..... just before & after going under a flyover.

OR turn right onto Hwy 27 & drive till you take exit onto I-4 & follow Disney signs .

Publix supermarket is half mile away . & Walmart is 3 miles away both going LEFT on Hwy 27

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Cork
    Sounds like we've made the right decision to stay here.
    Karen

Hi, we usually stay on Highway 27 and have stayed at Regal Palms when it first opened. When driving to Disney I can suggest a short cut, turn left (North) on US 27 and after about 2 miles take the off ramp for the US 192. Just before Mile Marker 5, move into the left lane. Just after the Mile Marker, at the next set of traffic lights, turn LEFT into Sherberth Road. It is opposite the "Golden Coral" Restaurant. Follow this for about 1½ miles and it will bring you onto the main Disney Highway (Osceola Parkway). You need to turn RIGHT onto this road, which then leads to all the Theme Parks and “Downtown Disney” (where you will find Cinemas, Disney outlets and restaurants). This route is short & quick and used in the main only by local residents. Just make sure that you take note of the first junctions so that you will be able to “back track” when you return to the Resort. The direction signs on this road are not very good (which is why it is so quiet & quick!) so you will need to take note of the “surroundings”. If you are really feeling confident and ambitious, you can shorten this route further. As you progress down the 192 before you arrive at the Mile Marker 5, at the intersection for Black Lake Road, turn LEFT.Black Lake Road parallels the 192 and leads to Sherberth Road. Then continue with the directions above. If the traffic lights at Black Lake Road are red, continue through the intersection, and turn left into the 7/11 Gas Station, which has a back entrance on to Black Lake Road.

To return this way, follow the signs to Disney's Animal Kingdom, and you should be able to pick up Sherberth road again.

This isnt the grand entrance that you get if come off the i4, but it is a lot quicker when leaving and entering the parks.
    Diane.

Florida Junior
    Diane's Directions are Spot On . ........