Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Returning rental car Miami Airport

Returning rental car Miami Airport

Are there any Skycaps at the Car Rental return at Miami Airport? I have not flown out of Miami for several years but our family is dropping off their hire car this weekend for flight to UK. I know there is the Mia Mover plus moving walkways but still a long way for 2 adults plus 2 small (tired) children, four suitcases, two car seats, carry-ons etc. Is it any easier to park at the short stay car park, check in luggage then return the car?
    Maureen Green

Super Moderator
    There were porters in the car park when we dropped our car off in Miami last December but do not know how many there are. Can understand your concerns. I would probably park in the short term car park to check in luggage and the probably leave an adult with the children in the airport and then take the car to the car park so you do not have to worry about moving small children from the transport hub to departures.

You could drop off one adult + luggage and children at the drop off point outside your airline check in although it might then take a while for the other one to return the car and get back.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Thanks for the replies. I think the short term car park is the best option.

Our family were running late by the time they got to Miami so decided to go straight to the Car rental return where they were able to use 2 trolleys to take their luggage on the Mia train to the check-in desks. We followed 3 days later and noted there are plenty of trolleys next to where the cars are dropped off for $5 each. Payment in cash or cards.
    Maureen Green