Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Hire prices with and without referrer

Hire prices with and without referrer

No difference to price for the hirer, with or without a referrer code. My quote had expired, so ran a new quote with and without a referrer number, and price came out the same. It was £22 more expensive than previous quote.
    This doesn't follow A****s dynamic pricing, as their prices have stayed the same over the last couple of weeks.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Sometimes the rates are such that there isn't a discount with the referrerer code. We can only offer a discount if there is room in the very slim margins we have to work with.

It all depends on the rates our supplier sends us in real time, which in turn come live from the car hire companies systems. The rates must have changed in the meantime and yes it absolutely does follow Alamo's dynamic pricing as this is what our system bases quotes on as I explained to you the other day. This can sometimes look different to other suppliers as all pricing is in USD and if you are getting quotes in GBP it will be at whatever exchange rate our supplier has access to at that time.

The price on A@@@@ website is in £'s and has not changed over the last couple of weeks, despite the ups & downs of the £/$ Fx. I am struggling to understand how usacarhire can quote an increase by about £24, when the rental company price has not moved, and this is a realtime price. Maybe this is something you can look in to.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    There is nothing to look into. Alamo presumably forward buy GBP in a different way than our suppliers do and have access to some slightly better exchange rates for now. This varies over time so it's impossible to track one supplier and expect all others to change at exactly the same time. If you were quoting in USD then I'd expect you to see a more direct correlation.

All suppliers only ever get a live price from Alamo in USD and it's then up to the supplier to exchange this to GBP at whatever exchange rate they have access to.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGEYE View Post
    The price on A@@@@ website is in £'s and has not changed over the last couple of weeks, despite the ups & downs of the £/$ Fx. I am struggling to understand how usacarhire can quote an increase by about £24, when the rental company price has not moved, and this is a realtime price. Maybe this is something you can look in to.

Last time we travelled we booked Alamo through UScarhire as the price for the five week rental was far cheaper then it was booking through Alamo website - even using the 'brits' section of the site! You pays your money - you take your choice!!!
    Customer service is much better with UScarhire than it is using Alamo directly - I have had first hand experience in this.