Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Old Thread Cull Request

Old Thread Cull Request

Much of the threads on this forum are years old, as a result, the information is either inaccurate or misleading by today's terms. Reading through them, although interesting, is often a waste of time.
    Request that the mods cull all old or inactive threads, or move them to an archive.

My guess is that the search engines love content and the more content the better. If you killl the content then you push the sight down the rankings. Personally I ever get bothered by old threads unless I specifically search for something.
    Im sure someone will be along with better knowledge than me.

I do agree and just to add that sometimes it is very useful to "look back" and se how things have changed over the years.

I can see this from both points of view.
    i often look at old threads when something sparks in my memory and I start to think " this has been discussed before" and I want to check what has been said. It is often the case that old threads are revived with new information which is helpful to members.
    I love reading old trip reports, especially my own........great memories, although some of these don't "read" properly with strange symbols where letters should be and they stop abruptly before the end of the thread, I think that is because they have been archived.

I do understand your frustration though, if information is correct or misleading I agree it would be helpful to remove it and perhaps if you drew the attention of the mods to specific threads that are troubling you then they could be archived.

Liz

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Spot on Martin.

We'd expect people to look at the dates when reading a thread and treat any older ones with a bit of caution as the information may well be out of date. It's like a car sat nav - they are great but if you don't use common sense when using them you can land yourself in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    My guess is that the search engines love content and the more content the better. If you killl the content then you push the sight down the rankings. Personally I ever get bothered by old threads unless I specifically search for something.
    Im sure someone will be along with better knowledge than me.

Good analogy John. On a recent trip to the US we were using an antiquated sat nav which caused great hilarity when the map showed the car driving through a river and out the other side when we were actually on a new bit of road! I hasten to add, the sat nav was our own and not rented from US Car hire which I am sure are bang up to date!

Liz