Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa · Flights To Florida
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Worldwide Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: New Years Eve

  1. #1
    Florida Chatterbox
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    507

    New Years Eve

    Hello

    Can anyone give some suggestions on what to do on New Years Eve. Don't really want to go to a park because I believe you have to get in really early and stay until 12 because they reach capacity and 'close the gates'.

    We've been to Celebration, which we really enjoyed.

    Our teenage daughter will be with us and short of just going for a meal we wanted to see if there is something different to try.

    Many thanks
    Julie


  2. #2
    Super Moderator florida4sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Bromsgrove, UK.
    Posts
    10,377
    Kissimmee Lake front os good fun and has the largest fireworks show. You will be able to get into the parks at anytime. Its the parking that reaches capacity. So if you can find somewhere else to park and walk to the gates then you will get in.


  3. #3
    Gold 5 Star Member SDJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Windwood Bay/Tavistock, Devon.
    Posts
    4,554
    We went to MK at 1000pm on NYE after a meal at Gaylord Palms. We had no problem getting in or parking so guess we were lucky. Atmosphere at midnight was brilliant and the park stayed open until 0200am and most people left after the fireworks so we enjoyed all the rides without queues. Disney also dished out hot chocolate and 10 cookies each as we passed one of their kiosks!! Never known Disney give out free stuff!!! Really great evening.


  4. #4
    Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    224
    The best fireworks I have ever seen were NYE at Epcot. It was a mad house getting out, though; so personal preference on whether or not it's worth it.
    Mike


  5. #5
    Gold 5 Star Member SDJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Windwood Bay/Tavistock, Devon.
    Posts
    4,554
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunVilla View Post
    The best fireworks I have ever seen were NYE at Epcot. It was a mad house getting out, though; so personal preference on whether or not it's worth it.
    We were at MK until 0200!!! We had to be one of the few people left and possibly the oldest people in the park!!! No problem when we left as very few people still around. It was great. Have not done the Epcot on NYE and expect they were just as amazing.

    After 13 weeks of Florida I will be back in US for a very cool and freezing NYE!!!!!


  6. #6
    Gold 5 Star Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    9,920
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    We went to MK at 1000pm on NYE after a meal at Gaylord Palms. We had no problem getting in or parking so guess we were lucky. Atmosphere at midnight was brilliant and the park stayed open until 0200am and most people left after the fireworks so we enjoyed all the rides without queues. Disney also dished out hot chocolate and 10 cookies each as we passed one of their kiosks!! Never known Disney give out free stuff!!! Really great evening.
    And they gave out hats and trumpet blowers at MGM when we were there one year.
    Babblin Boo


  7. #7
    Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    553
    We are hoping to be in Florida one New years eve, it sounds lovely in all of the parks. Won't be for a few more years yet unless that lottery comes up and we retire !

    Going over in November has been really good seeing everything decorated for Christmas, it is done so well.

    Mary


  8. #8
    Gold 5 Star Member Lyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Posts
    2,189
    Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    Kissimmee Lake front os good fun and has the largest fireworks show. You will be able to get into the parks at anytime. Its the parking that reaches capacity. So if you can find somewhere else to park and walk to the gates then you will get in.
    Don't know about NYE but we went once on 4th July and MK was so full that the park was closed even to hotel guests. When the park is that full it is not, in my opinion, any fun at all.
    Lyn


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •