Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norwegian Airlines

Florida Chatterbox

Norwegian Airlines

Has anyone flown with Norwegian Airlines before? I've found flights for next September for just under £500 each which seems too good to be true considering what BA are charging.

You do have to add luggage, food and booked seats - if you want these. I have never travelled with them but I see they now fly direct to Fort Lauderdale from Gatwick so will look at them in the future.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've never flown with them but after a shaky start they seem to have got their act together. I've read quite a few good reviews about their premium cabin which is the equivalent of BA's WT+ but, inevitably, much cheaper.

I have flown to Cyprus with them and my experience was very good. Aircraft was clean and the crew excellent, they had on board wifi too which was a hit with the kids as it allowed them to whatsapp their friends. I see they also fly direct to MCO from Gatwick too.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for your replies, the prices I have found are for Low Fare+ which does include baggage allowance if 20kg, meals and seat allocation. It works out to £964.60, I haven't gone any further than the pricing page, they would probably charge extra for credit card payment.

The food is the worst I have ever had and you need to make sure you take headphones as we found they are in the air for nearly 3 hours before you can purchase headphones. Purchase bottle of water early on as they only offer drinks such as tea and coffee twice during the entire flight. Frozen breakfast roll on the way home, is an experience. Apart from this good flights, clean and great legroom
    Jan

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleydo View Post
    The food is the worst I have ever had and you need to make sure you take headphones as we found they are in the air for nearly 3 hours before you can purchase headphones. Purchase bottle of water early on as they only offer drinks such as tea and coffee twice during the entire flight. Frozen breakfast roll on the way home, is an experience. Apart from this good flights, clean and great legroom
    Couldn't agree more with Jan, food was terrible, second time I flew with Norwegian I brought a meal deal from W H Smiths at Gatwick and had a meal in Orlando airport for the return trip home, but with no meals, no reserved seat and no hold luggage, The fare was £388.00 in September 2016, means I can go to Florida twice for the price of one virgin return flight.Fastest flight ever for me from Orlando, 7 hours.Personally it's a 👌 From me.Tony

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for all your advice, we have just booked our flights with them and fly out on the 16th of September. I can now put out an enquiry for a villa and set my countdown !!
    Margaret

Gold 5 Star Member
    In a move seen as a direct response to Norwegian, BA have today announced a new Gatwick-Ft Lauderdale service from July 2017. It'll be interesting to see if they look to compete on fares.

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    In a move seen as a direct response to Norwegian, BA have today announced a new Gatwick-Ft Lauderdale service from July 2017. It'll be interesting to see if they look to compete on fares.
    Currently several dates in Sept/Oct 2017 at £376 return - even one or two at that price in August!
    Pete
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1593.aspx