Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October weather gulf coast

October weather gulf coast

Hi

We're off to Captiva for last two weeks in October - we've never been at that time of year and hoping to spend two weeks doing nothing but sitting in the sun by the pool with some drinks. I've just been told that it will probably be a lot cooler than we had hoped for. Can anyone let me know their experience of weather at that time? I'm hoping for the best...
    Tonish

Gold 5 Star Member
    We've spent time on the Gulf Coast in October for many years and are off there again next week. We like it because the summer crowds have gone and it's too early for the winter snowbirds meaning that Sanibel & Captiva are relatively quiet.

I very much doubt you'll be disappointed with the temperatures although the weather can be a little changeable with a few cloudy and wet days but more so in the early weeks of the month. As November approaches it is a little cooler but still very warm and, in our experience, sunnier.

I would agree with KG. Although we have never been to the gulf coast for prolonged periods in Oct we have spent long periods in Orlando at this time of year and spent days out and long weekends on the coast enjoying glorious weather.

The only drawback is the days are shorter, haven't checked yet for this year but I don't think the clocks usually go back until 1st week of Nov which then makes them shorter still.

Liz

Just checked, clocks don't go back until 6th Nov.

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    A blissful time on the Gulf Coast, October and May my favourite months to be there.
    I doubt you will be dis-appointed and I am sure you will be swimming in the Gulf and will have some glorious sunsets.

Enjoy

October is lovely at the Gulf Coast still very warm and less rain

Florida Chatterbox

Not wanting to hijack the thread but we are going to Marco Island for the first 2 weeks of November. It is good to have my thoughts about the weather confirmed .
    This is the latest we have been to Marco and am aware that it gets very busy leading into Christmas and the new year. We love it when it is less busy and I am hoping the first 2 weeks of November will not be too busy. Has anyone got experience of Marco at this time of the year. looking at the villa rates they shoot up the last week in Nov so I am hoping this is a sign of when the real busy time starts.

Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    ...... looking at the villa rates they shoot up the last week in Nov .....

Last week of November is Thanksgiving which is the big 4 day holiday at this time of year. It's always the fourth Thursday in November.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

We have been going to the Gulf Coast for several years from mid November to early January and the weather is nearly always beautiful. The rainy season is past and it can still be very warm. It is nearly always warm enough to eat outside during the day and,although the evenings can be cooler, we are often still sitting by the pool until late evening. Apart from Thanksgiving and Christmas the area is still fairly quiet in comparison with January to April.
    We went to Marco Island the week before Christmas two years ago and it was very busy.
    Maureen Green

Florida Chatterbox

Thanks for that. I really think Marco will lose it's charm when it's overcrowded