Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fastpass Plus Queries

Florida Expert

Fastpass Plus Queries

As it is now 29 days and counting I went online last night and booked 3 fastpasses for our first day at Magic Kingdom.

Excitement got the better of us a bit and we just steamed in and did it without a great deal of thought.

Going forward we now plan to use my touring plans crowd calendar subscription to determine which days to visit which parks.

In the past I've always done this and made a loose plan that we've generally stuck to in the 1st week but gone a bit more carefree in the 2nd, although always checking the crowd calendar to make sure where we were going to go wasn't going to be packed out.

Fastpass plus however seems designed to make sure you make a plan and stick rigidly to it.

IF we book fast passes for a Disney Park for a particular day and then when that day comes we change our plans and don't go, how does that affect the remaining fast passes we have? Do the ones we didn't use just drop out and not affect future fast pass plans?

It won't affect your future fastpasses at all but if you know that you definitely won't be using them why not cancel them and then it gives other guests a chance to pick them up.

You could also change them for 3 fastpasses for another park if you decided to visit a different one but you obviously would not have a huge amount of choice, just the ones that are left on that day.
    Last edited by floridageoff; 15-09-2016 at 16:31.
    Glenda and Geoff

Lots of people (including us) book fast passes for every day of their holiday knowing they will only visit a park once or twice over the two/three weeks. However the fast pass system forces you to do that as all the popular rides are booked out so far in advance. I always try to remember to cancel bookings we decide not to use on the day or the day before but it is not always possible. I am sure they build in the fact that a number of people who have fast passes booked won't turn up.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Florida Expert
    I hadn't looked into enough yet, didn't realise you could cancel them out and agree with Sue that they are forcing you almost to book them as otherwise they're booked out.
    Couldn't get any for the 7 dwarves mine train at all as they're all booked.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've not managed to get the seven dwarves yet. Also couldn't get Frozen Ever After but that only opened a day or so before we came home in July. Did go early and was going ot wait in line for about 45 mins but when I was about 20 mins out the ride broke down and they aid it would be at least an hour before it was approved to ride again.
    We often book a few days passes and then as it gets closer and we can see weather forecast etc or know if we need to be somewhere else for workmen etc calling the cancel them out. You can only book up to 7 days worth but if you only actually want to visit only for a few days can book some back up plans. we cancel as soon as we know what we intend to make them available even if it is on the morning so it's worth checking closer to the time for the rides. You can change the times etc. we managed to get on the new Soarin ride last time as we usually try and go later in the day. I must admit I do like the Fastpass + and hope Disney never go down the route of Universal and charging for it.
    Babblin Boo

Keep looking every day, I couldn't get SDMT or FEA when they first became available but people change their plans all the time and when they do grab them quick! One tip I learnt from a Disney Forum is to book the ride you want even if it's not at the exact time you require. It's then much easier to modify that time later rather than book a new FP.
    Glenda and Geoff

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    We only bought our passes when we arrived so not much advanced booking time. Seven Dwarfs did become available, never got frozen. Hotel guests can book 60 days in advance so they get first choice
    Christine

We couldn't get Frozen fast passes for any days during our visit last month - tried for every day 30 days in advance, but got to Epcot at opening time, went straight to the ride and only had a 20 min wait.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Even at 60 days you may not get the FP you want as hotel guests can book for the whole of the length of their stay at 60 days out. After that it's a rolling 60 day. For instance, if a hotel guest is staying on site for 5 days and has a 7 day ticket, at 60 days they can book their FP's for the first 5 days all at once. Then the last two must be booked on a rolling 60 day basis.

For anyone who is looking for those hard to get FP's it can be done but it means you will be spending a lot of time searching for them!
    Glenda and Geoff

Florida Expert
    We managed to get fast passes for 7 dwarves.

9.25pm though!!