Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: found my old B2 visa

found my old B2 visa

yeh! whilst having a good old clear out i found my old B2 visa with 'indefinite' stamped on it.
    so, does anyone know if it is indefinite??
    fingers crossed and off to watch eastenders.

Florida Expert
    I have done the same. I understand that you have to take the old passport with you as well as your new one.

It isn't "indefinite". If your old passport has run out then so has your old "indefinite" visa. I had one from a long time ago that said "indefinite", but they changed the rules for these a few years ago!! My new B1/B2 visa has an expiry date on it which is independent of the expiry date on my passport.
    Carla

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    I too had an "indefinite" visa to both stay and work in the US. I was looking forward to using them. These were contained in an old passsport which I showed to an immigration officer at the airport. He just laughed and said "we don't do these now" and stamped them "expired"
    Graham

Gold 5 Star Member
    I found our older passports from 1988 that had an indefinate visa in,
    Chrisj

Florida Chatterbox
    Not recognised any more, the visa waiver system meant they were no longer needed. I think you'll find all immigration officers will stamp them as 'expired' if you attemt to use them.[msnwink]
    Kevin