Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreamliner

Florida Newbie

Dreamliner

Coming over to Florida again, staying in Lake Davenport villa, first visit since 2011. Looking at flights, last time we flew by Virgin in premier seats (very good) trouble is my wife says she wants to travel the same style, wondered what dreamliner by Thomsons are like, and one other point not finalised dates yet but what is the weather like in November, we could travel Sept/Oct/Nov. Thanks Barry

Florida Junior
    I've had a peek on board a Thomsons Dreamliner, they fly to Mexico from Glasgow, the plane looks good and is very quiet when it taxi's and takes off but there didn't seem to be any "special" seats.
    The weather last November was brilliant, anywhere from 25 to low 30's for the full two weeks, with hardly and humidity and, most importantly, the only "Florida shower" we had was two days before we left and even then that was after 10 at night! Of course, we may just have gotten lucky

We flew on one of thomson's dreamliner's from birmingham last year. Very nice, but note, as we hadn't pre-booked seats, we were chuffed that we got a window seat, only to find that row 37 does not have any windows.
    Wilf & Sarah

Florida Newbie
    Thanks bigblue, looks like November for us.

Florida Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfy View Post
    We flew on one of thomson's dreamliner's from birmingham last year. Very nice, but note, as we hadn't pre-booked seats, we were chuffed that we got a window seat, only to find that row 37 does not have any windows.
    Thanks for the tip..

We flew Heathrow to Miami. Nice plane, but we were very lucky and got bulk head seats - so had lots of room. The first plane I've been on that had a disabled access toilet large enough for two people to get into (its up in first class). Loved the windows, great being able just to dim them against the sun, a bit like putting sun glasses on.
    We usually fly Gatwick/ Orlando and the dream liner is not on that route.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    The first plane I've been on that had a disabled access toilet large enough for two people to get into (its up in first class).
    Sue
    Is 'up in first class' disabled accessible? I am fortunate to be asking purely out of interest, not through necessity.
    Dave.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We flew the Virgin Dreamliner when it was on the Boston route and loved the plane. We were flying Pe and had the "Wonderwall" snack access so anytime during the flight you were free to help yourself to snacks. As far as timewise, October is one of our favourite times to go (if you can avoid the half term dates its not much more expensive than November. Its alwas been dry when we have gone then and as the clocks don't go back till the first week in November it is still lighter later into the evenings. At the end of the year you can find that as soon as the sun goes down it can feel quite a bit cooler so may want to pack a fleece. There's no telling on that score, we've seen the New Year in at Celebration before now and still had just short sleeved t shirts at midnight another year we have been searching for hats and gloves as it was so cold.

Of course you might be able to persuade your wife to travel differently if you go at the end of November and save the money for the black Friday sales , the day after Thanksgiving
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulgolf View Post
    Coming over to Florida again, staying in Lake Davenport villa, first visit since 2011. Looking at flights, last time we flew by Virgin in premier seats (very good) trouble is my wife says she wants to travel the same style, wondered what dreamliner by Thomsons are like, and one other point not finalised dates yet but what is the weather like in November, we could travel Sept/Oct/Nov. Thanks Barry
    Have a look at at Thomas Cook Airlines. We flew PE this May to New York and the service was excellent. The food was by James Martin and was the best airline food we have had. We felt it was as good as Virgin PE and a bit cheaper, so much so that we have booked then for Olando next May although still like Virgin and flying with them in November.

Florida Chatterbox
    I have flown PE with Thomas Cook airlines for the last 4 trips into Miami. Very comfortable and excellent service.