Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Alamo, time saver and sat nav at Miami

Florida Expert

Alamo, time saver and sat nav at Miami

We are picking up a car from Miami next Friday and have booked a sat nav. Can we we check in online and go straight to the garage, use the kiosk or do we have to queue? Never booked a sat nav before

Florida Chatterbox

Alamo, time saver and sat nav at Miami

I am not an expert in this but the only time I hired a sat nav I had to go to the desk to pick it up. I would think you can check in online but doubt you could go straight to the garage. I think going straight to the garage in miami has proved a problem even without the sat nav complication. like I say I would expect them to be stored at the counter not the garage. Roger would have a better idea

Florida Expert
    �� that's what I was thinking. We are not picking up until the day following our arrival so is there a better time in the morning to collect the car? Are they open 24hours a day or is there an opening time? TIA

Florida Chatterbox
    We stayed over at the on airport hotel once and picked up the following day. I think we were up early and got to hire place around 8 in the morning. The place was empty but it was a Sunday. Not sure how early they open. Maybe Google it

Florida Chatterbox
    Just checked and they are open 24/7. So would think early morning should be quiet.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Given that the vast majority of renters will be incoming air passengers it will inevitably be very quiet for pick ups in the early part of the day simply because of the limited number of arrivals especially from international flights. While the garage will be very busy for returns, in my experience the collection desks will be almost deserted.

The major drawback of weekday morning collection is the rush hour traffic around Miami airport which is dreadful and best avoided so I'd recommend a very early pick up or leaving it until after 10 am which of course to some extent negates the benefit.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 15-08-2016 at 03:01.