Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: App issues

Florida Junior

App issues

Is the app working on iPhone OK??, when I set the return date in 2017 it keeps reverting back to August 2016, takes a few goes to accept selected dates, once you eventually get dates selected it says nothing available even though on an android device options are available

Also, is a full size car bigger than an intermediate?

Thanks

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Can you elaborate on what you are doing with the dates and the steps taken to reproduce it please as every time I try it, everything is as expected?

I'm looking into the availability issues as something sounds not to be right. It uses the exact same back end code for quotes as the website and Android app, so should be absolutely fine.

Florida Junior
    The date selection issue seems OK now but for May 17 to May 31 2017 I get the message , after also selecting Ireland, EUR and MCO as pickup & dropoff

No cars are showing as
    available for your search
    criteria. Please try again
    later or search using
    different criteria
    OK

Florida Junior
    I think the reason is that this Co. does not Quote in Euros ... If I am wrong then I apologies

We've been selling direct in Euros for a number of years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by cork View Post
    I think the reason is that this Co. does not Quote in Euros ... If I am wrong then I apologies

Thanks. The app has not changed so if the problem was happening before it will still happen. If you do manage to reproduce it please do let me know the exact steps to rake to reproduce it. You can email me directly at john@orlandovillas.com if that is easier for you.

I'm still looking into the 2017 quote issue as it's more tricky to track down.

Quote Originally Posted by alanm View Post
    The date selection issue seems OK now but for May 17 to May 31 2017 I get the message , after also selecting Ireland, EUR and MCO as pickup & dropoff

No cars are showing as
    available for your search
    criteria. Please try again
    later or search using
    different criteria are
    OK

Florida Junior
    It's not a huge issue, just handy to get a quote on the phone app occasionally (I'm hoping the price drops a little) I can get a quote no problem on a desktop PC & android tablet , I only downloaded the app & registered couple of days ago

On the app I enter the following info

Licence Ireland
    Currency Euro
    From May 17 2017
    To May 31 2017
    Pickup MCO
    Dropoff Mco

I then get the message as in my previous post, I get a quote using the above details except on the iPhone app

Thanks. I've found the cause of the issue and fixed it. I've submitted the app upload to Apple and it should be live on the App Store in a few days. It will just appear as a normal app update on your iPhone / iPad.

Thanks again for your help identifying the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by alanm View Post
    It's not a huge issue, just handy to get a quote on the phone app occasionally (I'm hoping the price drops a little) I can get a quote no problem on a desktop PC & android tablet , I only downloaded the app & registered couple of days ago

On the app I enter the following info

Licence Ireland
    Currency Euro
    From May 17 2017
    To May 31 2017
    Pickup MCO
    Dropoff Mco

I then get the message as in my previous post, I get a quote using the above details except on the iPhone app