Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: car hire with different collect and drop off points

Florida Chatterbox

car hire with different collect and drop off points

HI all

I am wanting to book a convertible Mustang for my son and new wife whilst on their honeymoon, they arrive into MCO on 19 September 2016 and staying in our home, they are then wanting to drive to Miami cruise port on 24 September 2016 and drop off the car as on return from the cruise they are then flying to New York for 2 nights. I have tried US Car hire and I am not getting any car available? Any help or tips appreciated, I have emailed US car hire, will I need to return the car to Miami airport and then taxi to the port?

thanks

Cindy

villa reference 1641

Cant help with the car but several of the car hire companies provide a free shuttle from Miami airport drop off to the cruise terminal - so worth checking. We have used this before. I think Avis is one but you need to check.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Administrator
    There is no problem doing the 1-way you propose, and there are plenty of cars available. On thing I wonder, is as it is less than 7 days, you cannot choose the Gold option as that must be 7 days minimum. If you had been trying Gold, perhaps try again with Silver Inclusive (which includes 2 drivers) and see if that helps.

Florida Chatterbox

car hire

HI

I put in any hire option and It comes up with no cars, it does not seem to like less than 7 days, I tried 7 nights and still no cars available?

Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    There is no problem doing the 1-way you propose, and there are plenty of cars available. On thing I wonder, is as it is less than 7 days, you cannot choose the Gold option as that must be 7 days minimum. If you had been trying Gold, perhaps try again with Silver Inclusive (which includes 2 drivers) and see if that helps.

Florida Chatterbox

car hire

HI

I have tried silver and the correct dates and orlando mco and miami port - still no cars, I also tried silver inclusive and still no cars, i have now tried mco as pick up and drop off with the 5 days and I now get cars, so it seems to be the different pick and drop off locations it does not like?

Cindy

Florida Chatterbox
    HI

I put in any hire option and still no cars?

Cindy

Florida Chatterbox
    Don't suppose this helps a great deal but i tried quoting your dates and requirements and got the no cars message available. Changed it to Miami Airport and STD Convertible with Alamo came in at £229.38 with silver inclusive.

Administrator
    Actually you might have just hit the nail on the head. I think the port option really is the airport option as they use free shuttles between the airport and the port. We used to show the port option for convenience and quote as from the airport, but I'm thinking the Alamo system is now rejecting the port as a location.

Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    Don't suppose this helps a great deal but i tried quoting your dates and requirements and got the no cars message available. Changed it to Miami Airport and STD Convertible with Alamo came in at £229.38 with silver inclusive.

Florida Expert
    Actually you might have just hit the nail on the head. I think the port option really is the airport option as they use free shuttles between the airport and the port. We used to show the port option for convenience and quote as from the airport, but I'm thinking the Alamo system is now rejecting the port as a location.
    Yes, we had to choose the airport option last September and took the shuttle as it showed no cars for us too when we picked the cruise port.
    Tracey