Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intermediate SUV question

Florida Junior

Intermediate SUV question

Haven't posted in a while but flights are booked & villa through here booked too, looking at car hire now, usually book an intermediate car but thinking an intermediate SUV for a change, I've looked at the video, I assume the luggage can't be seen in the vehicle under normal circumstances?

Is there much difference size & space wise between the intermediate car & intermediate SUV?

Traveling as three adults & a child, boss doesn't pack light lol

Thanks

Have drawn a Chevvy Captiva last few trips - intermediate SUV.
    Plenty of room over & above intermediate saloon car, much better visability & easier to spot in car parks !!!
    Back windows are 'blacked out' - heavy shading so difficult but not impossible to see in back, so luggage can be seen if someone was really interested...
    Luggage - wise, as you can pack the 'boot' up to the ceiling, there's far more room than in a saloon car.

Florida Junior
    That's good to know thanks, was worried about luggage space as even Alamo say two bags for this category

Florida Expert
    I've had an intermediate suv last 2 times.

last time was a Dodge Journey in which there were 2 additional seats which could be put down to make the boot bigger on the journey from the airport for your luggage and put up during your stay for extra seating (there were 10 of us with 2 cars so this was handy being able to seat 7 if required).

Previous time was the same but can't remember make and model of the car.

Florida Chatterbox

Intermediate SUV question

I have had an intermediate suv for my last 5 trips. Also got a journey once but it's not really in the intermediate group. had a chevy also and a jeep compass and a Cherokee. one I can't remember. on the last trip to miami the row was filled with jeep renagade. All of these would handle the luggage. I feel the suv group will always be better than a saloon. so many benefits.

We got a Chevy Trax this time round. First time we had gone for an intermediate SUV. In all honesty in this instance, for intermediate, read small. There were 4 of us, two adults, two teenagers and it was just too tiny for us. Wouldn't do it again - it's a small crossover, not a proper SUV.
    Tonish

Florida Expert
    We got a Ford Flex instead of the Ford Escape we were expecting.

It was a huge 7 seater suv, bigger than we needed really but very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    We got a Chevy Trax this time round. First time we had gone for an intermediate SUV. In all honesty in this instance, for intermediate, read small. There were 4 of us, two adults, two teenagers and it was just too tiny for us. Wouldn't do it again - it's a small crossover, not a proper SUV.
    Have to agree. We have had an intermediate SUV on several occasions and they are great for just the two of us but for four people it's "luggage on the knee job" to and from the airport. If this doesn't bother you then there is plenty of room for four people just travelling around without luggage.

Liz

Florida Chatterbox
    For 4 I would have a look at standard SUV. We are here at the moment and have Dodge Journey. Got 4 big bags in the back and if you have any more then drop the split seat or put bags on the knee for the trip to and from the airport.

We usually have an intermediate SUV and find it ideal for three adults as it will take three cases in the boot + one or two hand luggage with the last one in the back. I don't think you would get 4 full size cases in the boot although I won't pack the boot above the hight of the back seats for safety reasons - if you are happy to do that your would probably get the fourth case in.

Sue
    Last edited by Gerry Reed; 08-11-2016 at 12:19.
    Gerry and Sue