Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Driving from Atlanta to Orlando

Florida Expert

Driving from Atlanta to Orlando

Hi. Later this year we are having a little road trip from Atlanta to Orlando. Looking for things to see and do on the way. Interested in history, museums etc. Visited Colonial Williamsburg in DC a few years back so anything similar would be great. Ty Nic.

Savannah is well worth a visit and if you've never been to St Augustine that is a convenient stop en route.

Liz

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    I second the stop at St. Augustine. Great for history and golf.
    Mike

Florida Expert
    Have been lucky enough to visit St Augustine a few times as we have friends that live there, Savannah looks good ty Nic

Florida Expert
    Definitely Savannah. It is a beautiful place. Had a few days there last year

Florida Expert
    I have done this trip many times as my wife's relatives live near Atlanta. It all depends on what route you take, the I-75 takes you from Atlanta all the way through the Florida Georgia state line, it then continues through Florida and onto Tampa. Now if your going to visit Savannah then your going to have to do a big detour in order to go down the eastern coast, but you could continue down the I-95 to Jacksonville and then St Augustine, the oldest city in America and well worth a visit. This is a fair old way when you drive down the coast to Florida though.

If you was to stick to the I-75 you could visit the Andersonville War cemetery and War Museum which is around 30 miles off the I75. You could then travel further south across the state line and visit Gainesville in North Florida.
    Dave