Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Drinking water in restaurants

Florida Chatterbox

Drinking water in restaurants

Here's the thing, yesterday there was something on 1 of the news channels about drinking water being offered to customers in restaurants. It got me thinking, when we first started going to Orlando many years ago I can remember water being served to us in restaurants. I can't remember when this stopped, although I'm sure it hasn't happened the last 3 or 4 times we've been. Or am I not frequenting the right restaurants?
    Margaret

I always just ask for water - to start, while I'm thinking about food. Many restaurants, even Golden Corral, "offer" water immediately - just my experience

Most restraurants give it to you. If not just ask for table water.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    Here's the thing, yesterday there was something on 1 of the news channels about drinking water being offered to customers in restaurants. It got me thinking, when we first started going to Orlando many years ago I can remember water being served to us in restaurants. I can't remember when this stopped, although I'm sure it hasn't happened the last 3 or 4 times we've been. Or am I not frequenting the right restaurants?
    Margaret

I always ask for a jug of tap water and glasses, both here and in the US - never been refused.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

On the rare occasion that I am not the driver I migh have an alcoholic drink and will always ask for water if it is not offered, nobody ever seems to have a problem with it. I do agree, it always seemed to be brought automatically, nowadays I think it depends on the server or the restaurant.
    i think it is better that you are asked, I always think it seems such a waste of water, clean crockery, and space on the table when it is brought and never touched.

Liz

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Having free water (as opposed to bottled water) is a requirement for restaurants in the US. All you have to do is ask.
    Mike

Florida Chatterbox
    Thank you for your replies. I would always ask if I want water and I agree that it shouldn't be served automatically so there is no waste of water. My post was just an observation that I couldn't remember it being offered as much as it used to when we first started going to Orlando.