Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: How long do you need to connect in Dublin?

Florida Savvy

How long do you need to connect in Dublin?

Looking at flights to travel to Boston in August. The cheapest/best timed are via Dublin. Never having taking this route before, I wondered if anyone could advise me on the minimum time needed to ensure you make the outbound connection?

Thanks

No shoes, It will depend on a number of things. Dublin has 2 terminals, T1 and T2. Ryanair mainly use T1 with some of the UK airlines, Aer lingus and all US airlines use T2. You also have US immigration & customs to clear in Dublin airport. If you are a transit passenger within T2 you could avoid security but you still need to do immigration so I would leave 2 hrs minimum for transfer within T2 and 2-3 hrs for T1 to T2. But at least you have immigration done before you get to the USA, unless its a charter flight ....

Florida Savvy
    Very many thanks for the comprehensive reply.
    I am looking at an Aer Lingus connection from LHR via Dublin to Boston so your answer is a real help.

Florida Junior
    Here is more info.

When you check in at Heathrow your Hold luggage should be booked all the way to Boston ( there will be a luggage sticker stuck to your boarding card so do not lose it }

On arrival in Dublin ( Aer Lingus T 2 ) you will have about an 10 min walk via transfer walkway to the Duty Free area

And Downstairs to USA Customs & Immigration pre clearance area.

You fill out your Customs form , 1 per family , & remember to declare sweets ,as food .

If you are running short of time Then they announce your name & any others who might be going to Boston and you are brought to front of line.

After your fingerprints are taken & a photo of your Iris is taken . YOU are asked " Is this your Luggage "

as displayed on a large screen ? ............ No idea what happens if you said NO

Yesterday Thursday it took us 10 min. from entering USA immigration bag security check to having our Passport

stamped and waved through to boarding gate . This was with Aer Lingus Dublin to Orlando departing at 14.20 hrs.

Yes we had gone through the Main ALL Passenger Airport security as we arrived by coach from Cork .

Hope this helps