Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Dad's Taxi Does LegoLand Florida - Part 4

Dad's Taxi Does LegoLand Florida - Part 4

Part 4

Our Holiday Plan lists Thursday as LegoLand Day. We wake to steady rain, but check several weather websites and the general consensus is that normality will resume by 11am, so at 9.30 we point the car South. As I drive down Highway 27 the sky goes darker and darker, and by 10am I’m driving through torrential rain, it’s like the end of the world! We distract ourselves from the possibility that today is going to be a washout by noting which restaurants are available for our tea on the way home tonight (Mancunian for dinner, in case translation is required). Nothing really hits the spot, we do like Denny’s, which we pass in Haines City, but fancy somewhere that doesn’t do burgers tonight. A huge roadside placard informs us that there is a Golden Corral 3.5 miles ahead, and as we have Golden Corral on our wish list, we decide it probably wins the vote today. This is reinforced by Mary-Beth the SatNav informing us that LegoLand is 4 miles away. This sounds ideal.

Suddenly the rain stops, the clouds become white rather than black, and by the time we reach the park it’s looking like a reasonably nice day. We find the Golden Corral at the park entrance, I love it when a plan comes together, and soon after parking we are entering LegoLand Florida

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LegoLand_Entrance.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	1182

Unusually, I’ve not much to say, so I’ll keep the words to the minimum and show you my photos.

Name:	LegoLand_Safari.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	1183

It was all geared up to under 12’s, so Georgia wasn’t really the target audience for LegoLand, but she was an extremely good Big Sister today, and rode along with Kayleigh on the rides.

Name:	LegoLand-Ride-1.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	1184

And in fact Georgia danced along at the Lego Friends Concert too, but I will spare her the photo of that!

Name:	Lego_Friends_Concert.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	1185

Which was actually a very good show, and I was kicking myself when I missed a photo of the one moment when the Lego Friends were dancing with massive lego bricks.

After the show, Kayleigh met the stars !!

Name:	LegoLand_Friends+Kay.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	552.9 KB 
ID:	1186

More photos to show you, so I’ll carry on below………….

Dave.

Dad's Taxi Florida 2016 Part 4 Continued

Part 4 Continued

The Pirates’ Cove Water Ski Show was really good, and we all enjoyed it immensely.

Name:	Ski-Show_Soldiers.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	1187

Name:	Ski-Show-girls.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	1188

And this time we met the real stars

Name:	Ski-show-meet.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	1189

After this Kayleigh wanted to buy some Lego (so their fiendish plan had worked!) and I was ready for a nap. I shared a bench with a like minded English bloke:

Name:	Dozing_Englishmen.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	296.4 KB 
ID:	1190

I knew he was English straight away - can you see the tell-tale sign?

Two more photos to show you, carry on if you’re still awake………

Dave.

Dad's Taxi's 2016 report Part 3 of Part 4

Before leaving the park we stroll around the amazing MiniLand USA, the fantastic Lego models depicting famous American scenes. My favourite is the Kennedy Space Centre,(that should probably be Center, but I’m not giving in to their American Ways!) and I’m extremely impressed when the launch countdown reaches zero:

Name:	Lego_NASA.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	1191

This gets us very excited about our destination tomorrow.

One thing about LegoLand that we thought let it down was the lack of places to get lunch. We saw several places that were shut, either for refurbishment, or in other cases just not open today. There was a sandwich place which we eventually found, but it was completely unmarked and when we were looking for it it looked like a large shed. Opening the unmarked door we realised it was the right place but it was also deserted, hardly surprising with marketing as bad as that. The sandwich was excellent though.

The Park closed at 6pm today, so at 5.30 we headed to the Golden Corral, hoping to beat the rush. We give a big thumbs up to LegoLand Florida, I think Kayleigh has had her best day there, and we had quite a restful day.

The restaurant was just what we needed, good choice of food and no burgers to be seen

Name:	LegoLand_Golden-Corral.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	1192

And hopefully you can see from the photos that the weather was reasonable for the time we were at the park.

On the way home we were looking for somewhere to do a little shopping, and remembered we had seen a Target store on the journey out this morning, but couldn’t remember where. We were almost back to our junction on Highway 27 when we found Posner Park, which we’ve never spotted before, despite staying at the same house in Davenport several times, so Mrs Dad’s Taxi now has somewhere else to visit for her holiday enjoyment. At least there is a Best Buys there, so that will keep me amused next time we’re here.

Tomorrow we’re heading for the coast, with our fingers crossed.

Dave.

Loving reading your reports. Hope you enjoy your visit to the Coast and I will look forward to reading about it. Thank you.

Florida Junior
    So now you know that there are places to visit besides Disney .

As you are on Hwy 27 ...... Pay a visit to Hampton Lakes & have a look at the villas there.

Now drive up Hwy 27 ( North ) towards Clermont And pay a visit to the Showcase of Citrus & pick some oranges .

It is about 11 miles from hampton Lakes & on your Right just after Tradd's Landing.

If you like The Golden Corral then stay on Hwy 27 till you Take turn Right onto Hwy 50 heading East for Orlando

As You join Hwy 50 very soon ( 300 yards ) you will see Golden Corral on your Right ( Gas station is there as well )

This is the Best Golden Corral as it is less touristy .

Florida Chatterbox
    Another good trip report, I enjoyed reading.

Our first visit to LegoLand was last year, my cousins 5 year old son loves Lego and said, it was the best day of his life.

We did Legoland for the first time last year and had a brilliant time. Our desire was burgers though and icecream so we went to chequers and sat in the sun with big buford's a fully loaded fries to share and then large icecream cones
    Jan

Thanks again, enjoyed reading your report.

Diane.
    Diane.