Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Dad's Taxi Does Relaxation & Retail - Part 3

Dad's Taxi Does Relaxation & Retail - Part 3

Part 3 - Dad’s Taxi Has An Easy Day Followed By Intense Shopping

Wednesday is scheduled as R&R, Relaxing then Retail. We stay by the pool for the majority of the day, with a quick trip to Publix Supermarket to get the ingredients for a poolside lunch - I do love the Tavern Ham at the deli counter there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pool-1.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	1177

I spend most of the day writing Part 1 of my trip reports. The others think I’m mad but I do enjoy recording our holidays, I like to refer back to them on cold days at home.

The weather is amazing, again, and it takes some willpower to give up the poolside and get showered and dressed. Then it’s time to fire up the Yukon

Name:	House+Car.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	1178

Yesterday we discovered that not only is the SiriusXM satellite radio enabled in our hire car, but also the SatNav is working, so our aging TomTom, Steve, is having a rest on this holiday. I decide our built-in SatNav is called Mary-Beth, and she is very polite, she adds “please” to every command. I’m not sure if the enabled SatNav is a mistake, or if it comes with the radio subscription, I’d be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this, I may have found a loophole!

We ask Mary-Beth to take us to Fuddruckers at the top of International Drive.

Name:	Fuddrucker2016.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	1179

We think this place does the best burgers ever, and once again we weren't disappointed. The restaurant is in the Mall which was previously called The Festival Mall, but when we were here two years ago the Mall was closed and being refurbished, and has now reopened as Artegon Marketplace.

Name:	New_Mall.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	1180

After a very satisfying meal, we carry on up I-Drive for the final few hundred yards to the Orlando International Premium Outlets Mall, where my credit card starts to smoke as Mrs Dad’s Taxi ticks off her long list of required items in her notepad. By the time she has finished she has effectively covered all the birthday presents she will need for various friends and family for the next few months. Kayleigh wants to join her Nike buddies for a quick run:

Name:	Nike_Shop_Return.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	1181

Eventually we are laden down with shopping bags, and I’ve yet to go to the one shop I want to go to. At 10.15pm we finally make it to the Rockport and Reebok shop, my favourite place for shoes. The Rockport section is first, and I buy a nice pair of shoes and a very comfortable pair of sandals, then time is running out and by the time I have chosen a couple of pairs of trainers, more like walking shoes really, the shop doors are locked and we are literally the last people in the shop at 11.15. The manager doesn’t seem bothered, he picks up on our accent, and when we tell him we are from Manchester he is thrilled to be able to chat about the recent successes of Manchester City. Boy, has he picked the wrong Mancunian here. My lads would have loved to chat to him, but I’m afraid my knowledge of sport is limited to how good the toilet facilities are at the various stadiums around the country (Man City score very well on this count, incidentally). I blag my way through the conversation, showing recognition at the mention of Liverpool FC (I decide not to tell him that TV staff need to wear a hi-vis vest before they are allowed to use the public toilets), and eventually he lets us out. Into the RAIN! Didn’t see this coming.

It’s quite a drive back to Davenport, so it is after midnight by the time we are dashing through the rain with all the bags into the house. We check the forecast for tomorrow,as we will be heading for LegoLand. Assorted forecasts say it should clear up by 11am, so we decide to stick to the plan.

If you’ve been reading this report thinking you are experiencing deja vu, then I can understand your confusion. I have just been to look at some photos from two years ago, and I think we have just re-enacted an entire day from April 2014. If you click on the link you will see what I mean.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums...2%80%93-Part-3
    Dave.

Love it, just looked back at the old entry, made me smile. We definately are creatures of habit
    Jan

Loving your reports Dave. Shocked to hear about the rain, that was the day we arrived and I think we must have been dead to the world when that lot came down but come to think of it things were a it damp looking on Thursday morning!
    Hubby would have loved to talk to the guy in Reebok, the only time he has ventured indoors during the day was to watch City play West Brom on Saturday........needless to say I stayed outside.
    Enjoy the rest of your holiday, and keep up the reports, like you say, they are great to look back on.

Liz

Thanks so much for sharing, love the photos too, no mater what I did I couldn't get my photos to up load from my iPad, what's your secret?

Diane.
    Diane.

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    Thanks so much for sharing, love the photos too, no mater what I did I couldn't get my photos to up load from my iPad, what's your secret?

Diane.
    I have exactly the same problem Diane, I just get a message to say upload of file failed.

Liz