Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Seaworld Announcement

Florida Chatterbox

Seaworld Announcement

It would appear that Seaworld has finally realised that keeping Orcas is akin to elephants in circuses, something that should be banished to history. I see that they have now announced that they will stop their breading programme and that this will be the last generation of Orcas in their parks. They will also phase out all of the shows by 2019.

This is great news for me, as I now feel that I can go to Busch Gardens on my trip next week (I still won't be visiting Seaworld!)

Let's hope they take the last step and move these magnificent creatures to sea pens where at least they can have a bit more space and sense of freedom.

Florida Newbie
    I am also pleased to hear this, until I watched Blackfish I assumed that as the killer whales were reproducing they were thriving in their surroundings, well how wrong was I?

Black fish opened my eyes too .... We haven't been to Animal Kingdom since 2003 because we didn't feel comfortable with the accommodation the elephants were kept in when they weren't "on safari" the animals were rocking, pacing and looked generally very sad. Like both of you I didn't realise until I saw Black Fish that the whales were kept in such small pools. We have been to SeaWorld loads of times but we wouldn't go again ... but I suppose it is a matter of personal choice.
    Wendy