Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Claremont, Lake Louisa and Mannys for tea.

Claremont, Lake Louisa and Mannys for tea.

Wednesday we decided to have a drive up the Us 27 to have a look at Clermont, we have been to Orlando so many times but have never ventured this far up the US 27. You don't have to travel far before you are out of town and into some quite rural areas, beautiful lakes and views. Claremont itself was very quiet, we wandered around a few shops, took a look at the lake - this is a lovely community area with lots of picnic benches, children's play areas, rest rooms, people were swimming in the lake and having what appeared to be a very nice time on the lake side.

From here we drove onto Lake Louisa, this is a huge state park, with a park fee of $5.00. We drove down to Lake Louisa, again a beautiful park, well kept with good facilities, we looked around at some of the camping and wildlife walks, however we hadn't come prepared fo walking but would consider going back on a later visit. They also have some wilderness lodges that are available to rent for the night, sat right on the edge of the lake, these looked lovely but at night I think they could be quite spooky!

We came back to the villa for lunch then decided to drive down to Kissamme town, again another area we have never been too. I was impressed with this area, lots of nice shops and bars that you can wander in and out of, we again went down to the lake, another well presented lake side with lots of facilities for the public, picnic areas,cafes etc. Another area that we would consider going back to possibly in the evening for dinner.

In in the evening we "phoned ahead " to book in at Mannys the US27, only to find the system has changed again, now if you phone ahead, when you arrive you wait time is cut in half. So we got changed and drove down there to be told that we would have to wait 45 mins. The place was packed but we then realised at 6.50 Pm we were still in happy hour. After 7pm it got considerably quieter. As always the steak a ribs were excellent, the warm bread rolls and endless salad bowl delicious, we thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

Thursday was spent at down town Disney or Disney Springs as it is now called. Beware any Newbies going to Disney for the first time, your sat nav may only recognise the old name of Down Town. There is so many road works going on at the moment and with yet another car park being built we could only park at the far end and walk across to the Disney market place. We got the necessary shopping, lunch at the Earl of Sandwich, eaten at the side of the lake listening to a rather good guitar player live on stage. It was getting quite warm now, so back to the villa for some pool time before getting around to pack up to head back to Blighty.

Its now Friday lunch time, bags have gone via down town Disney check in, and we are back by the pool catching some sun before heading back to the airport for our 7.30pm flight. I'm sorry the trip report wasn't more exciting, but this trip was about relaxing and recharging, some thing I feel we need to do more of. The time in George and Pamela's villa has been wonderful, but the whole holiday fantastic. Please consider writing your own trip reports, I love reading them and learn so much from other people's experiences, bye now, off for a swim !
    Diane.

Lovely trip report Diane I've really enjoyed reading it especially as we are going to Florida in a few days.

Jan
    Jan & Rob

Weather forecast is for rain over the weekend then back to hot and sunny, enjoy.
    Diane.

I have enjoyed reading your trip reports Diane, I love a holiday just chilling!
    i didn't know but read on here a few weeks ag that if you park at the far end of Disney a springs you can take a boat to Disney Market Place, you learn something new every day!
    Hope you have enjoyed your honeymoon and have a safe trip home.

Liz

Great trip reports and thank you for taking the time to write them - especially whilst you are on honeymoon!!!

Safe flight tonight.

Just caught up with your trip reports Diane glad you had such a fabulous holiday again! We are off to Heron Villa in 24 days and I will try and do a boring owners trip report this time.

Hope you will come back and stay again soon

Pamela xxx

Pamela I would go back right now given the chance x
    Diane.

Lovely trip reports Diane... I love to go back and read all mine from our last time in FL brings back so many memories ...
    Wendy

Thanks for writing the reports Diane, I've enjoyed them.

We will be back in Florida in 11 days, I'm sure I'll find something to write about whilst we're there. Like Wendy, I do come on the forum and read my previous reports from time to time to keep my memories of our holidays fresh.
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dads_Taxi View Post
    Thanks for writing the reports Diane, I've enjoyed them.

We will be back in Florida in 11 days, I'm sure I'll find something to write about whilst we're there. Like Wendy, I do come on the forum and read my previous reports from time to time to keep my memories of our holidays fresh.
    So looking forward to reading yours.
    Diane.