Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: parkrun Clermont Waterfront

Waltham Abbey, Essex; Lake Berkley, Kissimmee

Cool parkrun Clermont Waterfront

For those of you unfamiliar with parkrun, it's a FREE 5k run (not a race) hugely popular in the UK, with many events overseas. There are no performance requirements, you just need to be able to run or walk 5k at your own pace. Above all, it's fun and friendly. All you have to do is register, and print a barcode which you must bring to record your time.

UK events normally start at 9am Saturday, with a few specials on public holidays - my son did 9am plus 10am runs on New Years Day!

The Clermont Waterfront parkrun starts at 7:30am...and I think 7am in summer. It's 30 - 35 miles from the Disney area...less if you're staying near Highway 27. Allow 1 hour to drive and locate. Always check the website before travelling, there are periodic cancellations.

http://www.parkrun.us/clermontwaterfront/

The course is fast and flat on a lakeside tarmac path with no gravel. I ran it in December, back again September.

Dave
    Last edited by Brightwater; 18-03-2016 at 23:09. Reason: typo fixed

Waltham Abbey, Essex; Lake Berkley, Kissimmee
    1180 views and no replies! Any other runners here?!

I plan to run at Clermont on 29th April. If you join me, look me up on the signup sheet with home run Gunpowder...grey hair, sunglasses, topless as per local custom , NB Zante shoes, sockless. I will drive along 192 and 27 if anyone would like a lift.
    Don't forget your barcode.

Cheers,
    Dave
    Dave
    Brightwater Villa 5 bedrooms lakeside at Lake Berkley
    www.orlandovillarentals.com/florida-vacation-rental-3533.aspx

wrpac00
    We go up there quite often and cycle that route and the views over the lake are great.

Super Moderator
    We are not runners but our youngest has run several park runs in Sheffield before he moved. They are a great way of getting out and meeting people. Where he mainly ran there were some who were obviously serious runners right down to those who have not done anything for years.
    Last edited by Jill; 02-11-2018 at 21:41.

Florida Expert
    We enjoy running in general so are doing the Wine and Dine half marathon and 10k but the following week we are doing a run in Lake Louisa State Park for charity. Just search for runs for the month you are going as there are many available at various costs (park run is free)

Florida Expert
    The Clermont park run is great and one of the best things is afterwards they go to Cheeser's Palace in Clermont for breakfast. It is a lovely diner and the park runners have a room set aside for them and get 15% discount!