Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: parkrun Clermont Waterfront

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Waltham Abbey, Essex; Lake Berkley, Kissimmee

Cool parkrun Clermont Waterfront

For those of you unfamiliar with parkrun, it's a FREE 5k run (not a race) hugely popular in the UK, with many events overseas. There are no performance requirements, you just need to be able to run or walk 5k at your own pace. Above all, it's fun and friendly. All you have to do is register, and print a barcode which you must bring to record your time.

UK events normally start at 9am Saturday, with a few specials on public holidays - my son did 9am plus 10am runs on New Years Day!

The Clermont Waterfront parkrun starts at 7:30am...and I think 7am in summer. It's 30 - 35 miles from the Disney area...less if you're staying near Highway 27. Allow 1 hour to drive and locate. Always check the website before travelling, there are periodic cancellations.

http://www.parkrun.us/clermontwaterfront/

The course is fast and flat on a lakeside tarmac path with no gravel. I ran it in December, back again September.

Dave
    Last edited by Brightwater; 18-03-2016 at 23:09. Reason: typo fixed