Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Shopping and Harry Potter and the aching feet.

Shopping and Harry Potter and the aching feet.

Mr M got back on Sunday evening after a good day at St Petes watching Indy cars, apparently it is much cheaper than any of the U.K. Motorsports tickets, with a one day pass costing a mere $50.00. He throughly recommends this to any one thinking of going.

On Monday we decided to go and do the shopping, usual trek to Premium Outlets for jeans, T Shits, trainers etc, then down to the mall for Abercrombie and Fitch to collect some shopping for friends and family that had given us lists. We went back to the villa for a swim and lounge around by the pool then off to Bahama Breeze for tea. As usual it was busy but only a 30 min wait for a table. We sat out side thankfully as the noise around the bar area is so loud you can't hear your self think. We were seated at the back of the stage where a really good group sang a wide choice of songs for our entertainment. We both opted for the West Indian Chicken Curry with chick peas, pineapple curry and yellow rice. It was delicious, and so nice to eat something that hadn't been battered or fried. We had a drive up and down idrive just to see what had or hadn't changed then back off to the villa. All in all a very pleasant evening.

Wednesday (reported to be the hottest day of the year so far) we took our selves off to Universal studios to go and visit Harry Potter, can't believe it's $20.00 to park, we were strongly advised to upgrade to parking closer to the parks but we declined, and then found we were close to the parks anyway as we were quite early in the day. At the entrance we were encouraged to purchase a fast pass, that we declined, only to discover that most of the rides we went on didn't have the fast pass facility. We found if we went on as single riders the waiting time was halved and apart from one ride we got to sit together any way. We were both impressed with the theming in"Harry Potter" land and enjoyed the rides, but it was mad busy. You could barely move in Hogsmede, we did find the back entrance to the Hogs Head tavern and managed to walk up to the bar for some Butter Beer, whilst the queue for the mobile truck in the street was mobbed out. I loved the ride on the Hogswart express to London and thought the theming around the station excellent. When we went through the "secret" wall to Diagon Ally, again it was packed, we managed to get into Gringots bank and get on the ride as single riders with in 40 mins against a wait time of 70 mins, and again thought the ride was really good. We went to Olivanders to watch the choosing of the wand (how could you not buy this for your kid if they had been chosen??), but by then we were too hot and and it was too busy so we moved out into the rest of the park. Once away from the Potter madness the parks are quiet, we managed to get drinks and ice creams with out queues and got onto all the rides we wanted too with wait times of no more than 20 mins. One problem we did have was using the free lockers. We used them 4 times and on every occasion could not get them to re open so had to get an attendant to open them for us. Fortunately I had my drivers license in my bag as I was asked to produce ID on every occasion. We started in the park until around 6pm, but by then we were feeling weary, how we use to do these parks from dawn until dusk I don't know, I'm sure I couldn't do it any more.

We we set off back to the villa via Publix for a cold bottle of white and some thing for tea, then collapsed in a tired heap in the hot tub!
    Diane.

Harry Potter is brilliant, I totally agree, $20 to park though is ridiculous. Sounds like you are having a brilliant honeymoon
    Jan