Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Costco Theme Park Deals

Costco Theme Park Deals

Several years ago we were in Costco in Orlando and spotted an amazing Universal Studios ticket - it was something like $90 for a year. I realise that this forum is usually THE place to buy theme park tickets, but just out of interest, has anyone spotted any similar deals in Costco recently?
    Dave.

I remember something like this but it must have been at least 5 years ago because that was the last time we were in Costco.

I have a vague feeling it was a promotion with Coke or Pepsi. It had a number of conditions one of which was you needed to be a Florida resident. I would also guess there were a lot of 'blackout' dates.

Any ticket of this duration and price would kill the whole ticket market for Universal so it must have had a lot of 'small print' attached.

If it's to good to be true ...... well we can all finish that one !

Dave
    Dave Lewis

offers sometimes pop uo. Usually resident deals. I remember this one, along with buy 1 year get the 2nd free. Have not seen anything for a long while though. To be hinest these deals usually appear when ticket sales are very strong and it is a grap at those who would be bordeline ticket buyers.

We have bought annual Universal tickets in Publix like this several times - you pay in Publix and get a receipt that you then take to Universal to collect the actual ticket. I think we last paid about $130 for an annual pass about two years ago. I also remember one that you had to buy two bottles of Coke to qualify for. They are usually at the check outs- if they have them. They are for Florida residents and we have sometimes had arguments with the staff at Universal who don't want to take utility bills/mortgage as proof of residence and ask for driving licence etc (which we don't have) even although the web site say utility bill is ok, so I always take a print out of the web site with me. I think our last ones did have 'block out' dates much like the cheapest Disney FR tickets.
    Just renewed our Disney annual weekday FR tickets for $230 + tax each, including park parking - good value when you look at the day ticket price + $20 to park.
    Gerry and Sue

We were also able to take advantage of Universals Coke offer but have not seen one since.

Thanks all. It does seem likely that the deals are for residents, so of no use to us.

We are sat here with a spreadsheet on the laptop trying to plan the days. Only got 10 days this trip so there is a lot of deliberation going on over what we really want to do and what we can miss out.
    Dave.

With universal you have to factor in wether you want to do the Hogwarts express. This requires a park to park ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Dads_Taxi View Post
    Thanks all. It does seem likely that the deals are for residents, so of no use to us.

We are sat here with a spreadsheet on the laptop trying to plan the days. Only got 10 days this trip so there is a lot of deliberation going on over what we really want to do and what we can miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    With universal you have to factor in wether you want to do the Hogwarts express. This requires a park to park ticket.
    Spooky, I have literally just read that in our Brit Guide book. Thanks Martin.
    Dave.

Do you know that you can pay FR resident tickets over 12 months interest free. Just set it up to come from a Florida bank account. I'm a great believer in keeping my money in my pocket as long as possible.

Andrena

Quote Originally Posted by Andrena View Post
    Do you know that you can pay FR resident tickets over 12 months interest free. Just set it up to come from a Florida bank account. I'm a great believer in keeping my money in my pocket as long as possible.

Andrena
    I Would be glad of some tips of how to do this. I tried to do it on line and I had to tick a box 'live in Florida" - you don't need to tick this if paying up front. Also, even if we used our US bank account, it didn't work as the registered address our US bank has is our UK address. I renewed our FR tickets in person at Disney Springs earlier this month and they said we had to pay upfront as we didn't actually live in Florida although we did qualify for the FR discount because we have utility bills / mortgage - we don't have Florida driving licence or ssn numbers.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue