Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Miami to Siesta Key

Miami to Siesta Key

Managed to sleep until 7am, getting better! Started the horrid task of packing everything up again, then off to Starbucks for breakfast, collected the car from the car park and back to the Mondrian to check out. I can strongly recommend this hotel, all the staff we dealt with were lovely and helpful. The room was big, comfortable and clean, also very quiet at night. The facilities are very good especially the out door restaurents and pool area. It's about a 10 min walk to south beach, and has a few local shops on the door step.

Before leaving Miami me did a quick drive around Star Island, we have an email from the lotto - news about your ticket - but we can't open the account until we are back in the UK, so hedging our bets we wanted to see if there were any villas for sale, and yes we found a few that will do nicely.

This time we managed to leave Miami and join US 41 with no problem. We had a realitive easy drive to the Indian Village, stopped off for lunch then drove on arriving at Siesta Key at 4pm. We found our little condo on Beach road, just around the corner from the Village and across the road from the beach. We wandered into the Village for dinner at the hub, listened to some live music then wandered back, the temperature has dropped and there was a slight breeze making for a very pleasant evening.
    Last edited by Madabouttigger; 08-03-2016 at 20:48.
    Diane.

Hi Diane

Have you tried Naples is a fantastic place and Naples Pier is to die for,

Regards,

Mark.

Hi Mark, yes have been to Naples when we stayed on Sanibel. We went to the Pier and saw the fishermen catch a huge fish that got off the hook just as he was reeling it in. I agree it's a lovely place to visit.
    Diane.

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post

Before leafing Miami me did a quick drive around Star Island, we have an email from the lotto - news about your ticket - but we can't open the account until we are back in the UK, so hedging our bets we wanted to see if there were any villas for sale, and yes we found a few that will do nicely.
    I couldn't wait till I got home! Download tunnel bear to your iPad, it works perfectly for us when we want to check out UK sites. I think it was to check my lottery ticket that I first used it! Good luck, I hope it's more than £2.50!

Liz

Loving your trip reports Diane and looking forward to reading the next instalment :-)
    Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    I couldn't wait till I got home! Download tunnel bear to your iPad, it works perfectly for us when we want to check out UK sites. I think it was to check my lottery ticket that I first used it! Good luck, I hope it's more than £2.50!
    We di this and found that we have won £5.60, we have requested no publicity and spent it on an ice cream. Thanks for the tip on the app, it works really well.
    Diane.

Great news about the £5.60 Diane, I think no publicity is best, saves all those begging letters!
    Hope the ice creams were good!

Liz