Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Electronic Devices on Domestic Leg of Flight

Electronic Devices on Domestic Leg of Flight

I've been reading about the new requirement for electronic devices to be demonstrated as operational when passing through Airport Security, and it has occurred to me that normally by the time I've finished a transatlantic flight my Kindle Fire and my tablet are totally flat! The kids' devices won't fare much better.

Has anyone any bad experiences of taking non-functioning tablets/mp3 players etc onto the second leg of a two-hop flight?

We're flying American Airways, Manchester - Chicago - Orlando.
    Dave.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ho long of a layover do you have? Just wondered as if you have chargers then you may have enough time to put a bit of charge on them whilst waiting for the second leg. I must admit in the last couple of years we have flown to Boston before coming home and not been asked to turn on any of the devices we are carrying. Nor for the International leg either. It may be a random check will mean you need to bu hopefully would be ok.
    Babblin Boo

I'm pretty sure when this requirement came in it was only a UK exit requirement, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Like Steph, we have never been asked to demonstrate their battery capacity at any time.

...........sorry just googled it and this went global in 2014 but reading all the articles they all mention portable charging packs. I bought one of these a couple of years ago and gave it to by son for Christmas, he is a long distance lorry driver and finds it really useful.
    Last edited by E. Cosgrove; 26-02-2016 at 08:19.

Liz

I always take a pre-charged potable charge pack with me - they are small and light and very useful if you use your smart phone on the flight (I listen to pod casts etc) and then need to call the taxi at the airport to tell them you have arrived !

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you're travelling Manchester-Chicago from June this year it will be operated by a new 787 Dreamliner which has power and USB connectivity at every seat so there's no reason why your device batteries should go flat (assumimg you bring the appropriate connectors of course!).

The 787's also have wifi even on transatlantic flights.

Oh I'm really disappointed now ! We're flying in April and I've just read that the 767s on this route don't even have seat-back entertainment.

Oh well, portable charge packs and a quick charge boost between flights it is.
    Dave.