Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Alamo Save Time

Quote Originally Posted by lissybubs View Post
    Thanks Diane - For now, it seems like it's better to better not to go straight to the garage in Miami. My husband would kill me if we were all set to leave and got sent back! Will let you know how things are working out come August time x
    I will look forward to it.

Diane.
    Diane.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I have just booked in on line and it says it will charge me for an additional driver. I know you say this is not the case but my car hire voucher does not mention an additional driver so I am now a bit concerned. I booked silver basic as I had it confirmed at the time that this did include 2 drivers over the age of 21. My order number is 62196574 can you confirm that I have 2 dirvers please
    Christine

Been caught by this....
    "Silver basic inclusive" = 1 driver
    "Silver inclusive" = 2 drivers
    But await correction......

Quote Originally Posted by msmiff View Post
    Been caught by this....
    "Silver basic inclusive" = 1 driver
    "Silver inclusive" = 2 drivers
    But await correction......
    I've just been caught by this - Its going to cost me another £100 to get 2 drivers - much more expensive than when I first booked. Seriously unhappy about this. Maybe one should be Silver Basic and the other silver inclusive

When you've been using them for over 10 years and recommending them its a bit of a blow. I even asked a question on the forums the day I booked so you would have thought they could have made it clear not to book basic.
    Christine

Administrator
    We have no record of you asking this question by email to us. We have a record of all customer emails and cannot see anything from you. Had you asked us the question we would have confirmed that Silver Inclusive has an additional driver and Silver Basic has 1 driver.

I can see your question on the forum here

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums...695#post724695

Where you ask if Silver Inclusive allows 2 drivers, which we confirmed that it does. You then when ahead and booked Silver Basic which only has 1 driver. When you get a quote it also states clearly just one driver.

Quote Originally Posted by christhear View Post
    I've just been caught by this - Its going to cost me another £100 to get 2 drivers - much more expensive than when I first booked. Seriously unhappy about this. Maybe one should be Silver Basic and the other silver inclusive

When you've been using them for over 10 years and recommending them its a bit of a blow. I even asked a question on the forums the day I booked so you would have thought they could have made it clear not to book basic.

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    We have no record of you asking this question by email to us. We have a record of all customer emails and cannot see anything from you. Had you asked us the question we would have confirmed that Silver Inclusive has an additional driver and Silver Basic has 1 driver.

I can see your question on the forum here

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums...695#post724695

Where you ask if Silver Inclusive allows 2 drivers, which we confirmed that it does. You then when ahead and booked Silver Basic which only has 1 driver. When you get a quote it also states clearly just one driver.
    The thing that confused me was Silver Basic inclusive, I think it was the fact that the words Silver and Inclusive were there. I've learnt a tough lesson and it appears that I'm not the only one.
    Christine

Administrator
    This is what they have been called for many years now, and we've not had problems before. We are always very open and careful not to hide information, so I'm really sorry if this has caused confusion.

Gold 5 Star Member
    There was a while ( I know it covered our rental in June) when there was a free second driver on the Silver Basic. I remember a bit of to0ing and froing with Carolyn trying to work out why it was a lot more expensive to add a couple of days and it turned out it was because it was quoting for the inclusive not the basic.

Regarding the kiosk, up to now we haven't had too much of an issue with Alamo BUT when we have gone to the garage they say really we should have gone to the desk as our invoice tells us because you cannot (according to them ) use the kiosk if you have a 3rd party voucher . The 3 times we have used them since we switched from Dollar to Alamo hey have processed it at the Kiosk but I am sure sometime we will get sent back. On the online checkin it wouldn't let us proceed to "skip the counter" as it said we couldn't use it?
    Babblin Boo

Early this year we booked Silver Basic for our Feb/March trip and it included an additional driver for free. I was worried when I completed the Alamo Save Time (or whatever it is now called) and the paper work was quoting for the extra driver. Roger assured me everything would be ok and it was. We went straight to the garage and the paperwork was sorted at the exit barrier. The lady there at first wanted to charge me for the extra driver and I had to explain it was already included even though it didn't say so on the online check in paperwork. Fortunately I had my original USCarhire voucher which did say one additional driver included which she eventually accepted.
    We are visiting Orlando this November and again have the Silver Basic with the additional driver included for free. I just hope it runs smoothly this time too if we go straight to the garage!

Quote Originally Posted by floridageoff View Post
    Early this year we booked Silver Basic for our Feb/March trip and it included an additional driver for free. I was worried when I completed the Alamo Save Time (or whatever it is now called) and the paper work was quoting for the extra driver. Roger assured me everything would be ok and it was. We went straight to the garage and the paperwork was sorted at the exit barrier. The lady there at first wanted to charge me for the extra driver and I had to explain it was already included even though it didn't say so on the online check in paperwork. Fortunately I had my original USCarhire voucher which did say one additional driver included which she eventually accepted.
    We are visiting Orlando this November and again have the Silver Basic with the additional driver included for free. I just hope it runs smoothly this time too if we go straight to the garage!
    Well I booked mine back in January so maybe the extra driver should have been included. I'm sure I wouldn't have booked for just one driver as I am allowed to have a drink once or twice during our 3 week break.
    Can you check if this was the case please Roger???
    Christine