Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alamo Save Time

Alamo Save Time

I'm registering for Alamo Save Time and after entering the additional driver's details I get a message that says "Secure Token not valid". Not sure what to do as it won't let me go any further.
    Also, my car voucher states that I have one free additional driver included in the rental but on the page where it says add an additional drives it says it's $10.99/Day!
    Glenda and Geoff

I've managed to sort the first question by doing it on the iPad instead of my laptop but it still wants to charge me $10.99 a day plus tax ($270.37). Do I just carry on and hope it will go away?
    Glenda and Geoff

Administrator
    Yes, you will not be charged for the extra driver, so go ahead and it will be fine.

Thanks Roger, I have completed the Alamo Save Time and received an email confirming that I have checked in (no mention of Save Time). I also have a document with a barcode that I can print. On both the email and the document with the barcode it is still saying that there is $270.37 payable. Having found an email from Alamo from a year ago it looks very different and that one has no mention of an amount to pay (we had an additional driver on this rental too).

My question is has Alamo Save Time changed its name to Online Check In and how can I be absolutely sure that I won't be charged this extra fee for the additional driver when I pick the car up.
    Glenda and Geoff

Administrator
    You don't actually use Save Time now as it has indeed been replaced by online check-in (you can even avoid the kiosk if you like and go straight to the garage if you have used online check-in).

You won't be charged the extra driver, but the on-line check-in does not understand that we have the extra driver included at the point where you check-in. If for any reason anything happens and you are charged for the extra driver, then just let us know so we can have Alamo refund it for you.

That's brilliant Roger, thanks for all your help
    Glenda and Geoff

Florida Junior
    Roger - does 'going direct to the garage' also apply to those with bookings beyond 30 days?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Markerhouse View Post
    Roger - does 'going direct to the garage' also apply to those with bookings beyond 30 days?
    I don't think so, since Alamo then internally treat this as 2 adjoining bookings so have to do a bit more paperwork at the desk.

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Roger, that's interesting news. I didn't realise you could now go straight to the garage. Is that the case in Miami as well

Oh Vicky you read my mind, last time we went to Miami we went to the garage, got sent back to the kiosk had lots of problems with the kiosk and had to go to the desk, so now I really hope we can just go straight to the garage. It states on the web site that you can, but when I did the on line check in it said to go to the kiosk??
    Diane.