Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alamo Save Time

Administrator
    Orlando is OK to go straight to garage, and I'm fairly sure other locations should be OK too, but it's one of those initiatives that not all staff are fully up to speed on. I think it can also depend on how busy things are. If you are using a debit card for security deposit or have a booking over 30 day then you will definitely need to go to the desk.

Florida Chatterbox
    We went into miami twice last year and used the kiosk both times without issue. I dont really want to go to the garage only to be sent back. We are due again in May so I would appreciate any update if anyone has been successful in Miami
    Last edited by vickk; 02-02-2016 at 20:58.

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    I don't think so, since Alamo then internally treat this as 2 adjoining bookings so have to do a bit more paperwork at the desk.
    Roger we went direct to the garage for 42 days and did not have any problems.
    Maureen Green

Administrator
    That's great. If they are not too busy it's not a problem, but we have been advised that you may be sent back otherwise as the processing take a bit longer.

Florida Junior
    Hi

When you say you can go straight to the garage do you mean you can go straight to pick a car and then out to the checkout gate or do you need to go to the kiosk situated in the garage where all the cars are

Thanks
    Graham

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by junior View Post
    Hi

When you say you can go straight to the garage do you mean you can go straight to pick a car and then out to the checkout gate or do you need to go to the kiosk situated in the garage where all the cars are

Thanks
    Graham
    We went across to the garage, picked a car and drove to the exit where the attendant checked my driving licence and credit card and we were on our way.

OK Vickk, when we go next month, I'll go straight to the garage and see what happens. I'll report back and let you know how I got on.

Diane.
    Diane.

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    You don't actually use Save Time now as it has indeed been replaced by online check-in (you can even avoid the kiosk if you like and go straight to the garage if you have used online check-in).
    Hi Roger, if I do online check-in and print the voucher with the bar code, can I go straight ot the garage? I ask because the form directs me to go to the kiosk.
    Scorpio

Florida Chatterbox

Alamo Save Time

Thanks Diane

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Hi Roger, if I do online check-in and print the voucher with the bar code, can I go straight ot the garage? I ask because the form directs me to go to the kiosk.
    If booking 30 days or less, and using a credit card as security deposit then that should be fine to go to the parking garage directly.