Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alamo Save Time

Is this getting very complicated or is it just me ?????
    Diane.

If you go to Online Check-in on Alamo's website it gives all the requirements and locations where you can 'skip the counter'. Looks good to me!
    Glenda and Geoff

The last time I used Alamo was a couple of years ago and I went straight to the garage after online check-in. The attendant at the garage was a little confused about it, but eventually, he pointed me at a car and I was on my way.

I've just booked again for later this year. I'm hoping my next trip will be a little more seamless.

... I miss the original Alamo Insiders, wen they used to encourage you to skip the kiosk and get straight into a car.
    Tony G

Hi, would be very interested to learn how you get on in Miami when you go in May. Can you DM me with any advice as we always use Alamo, normally always use Miami and have never dared go straight to the garage but get everything printed out at the kiosks (after registering online first of course!). We are back again in August. Cheers x

Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    We went into miami twice last year and used the kiosk both times without issue. I dont really want to go to the garage only to be sent back. We are due again in May so I would appreciate any update if anyone has been successful in Miami

Quote Originally Posted by floridageoff View Post
    If you go to Online Check-in on Alamo's website it gives all the requirements and locations where you can 'skip the counter'. Looks good to me!
    Ahhh now that would make perfect sense you see, yes that is what the web site says, skip the counter at Miami, but when you check in on line it tells you to go to the kiosk.....
    Diane.

Quote Originally Posted by lissybubs View Post
    Hi, would be very interested to learn how you get on in Miami when you go in May. Can you DM me with any advice as we always use Alamo, normally always use Miami and have never dared go straight to the garage but get everything printed out at the kiosks (after registering online first of course!). We are back again in August. Cheers x
    Of course I can, but there will be a trip report.
    Diane.

Latest update, we got an uber cad back to the airport $15.00 for a pool car if anyone is interested, and went straight down to the garage. The attendant refused our paperwork and insisted we go back to the desks even though I had printed off the information on online check in that shows Miami airport listed. She kept saying she could on accept the paperwork we had. Fortunately it was 10.30am and no queues at the desk. I asked the desk clerk why the paperwork wasn't acceptable and he didn't know why she wouldn't take it. He said it was all fine, but then proceeded to check us in again, tried to sell us more insurance that we politely declined and gave us more papers. When we went back down to the garage I was going to challenge her again but she had gone. So it looks to me like it all depends on the staff in the garage.
    Diane.

Administrator
    I'm not sure why, but Miami airport staff always seem very hit and miss (not just with car hire but anything in and around the airport). Orlando staff are generally fine in comparison. Hope you enjoy your trip - beautiful weather for the extended forecast.

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    Latest update, we got an uber cad back to the airport $15.00 for a pool car if anyone is interested, and went straight down to the garage. The attendant refused our paperwork and insisted we go back to the desks even though I had printed off the information on online check in that shows Miami airport listed. She kept saying she could on accept the paperwork we had. Fortunately it was 10.30am and no queues at the desk. I asked the desk clerk why the paperwork wasn't acceptable and he didn't know why she wouldn't take it. He said it was all fine, but then proceeded to check us in again, tried to sell us more insurance that we politely declined and gave us more papers. When we went back down to the garage I was going to challenge her again but she had gone. So it looks to me like it all depends on the staff in the garage.

Florida Chatterbox

Alamo Save Time

thanks for the update Diane

Thanks Diane - For now, it seems like it's better to better not to go straight to the garage in Miami. My husband would kill me if we were all set to leave and got sent back! Will let you know how things are working out come August time x

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post