Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Chevvy Tahoe 7 seater SUV

Florida Newbie

Chevvy Tahoe 7 seater SUV

Hi.
    Does anyone have experience with the Chevvy Tahoe 7 seater SUV. We are a party of 4 adults and one 4 year old who will have 5 suitcases and hand luggage. We plan to have the two rear seats permanently "down" to give space for our luggage - will this give us enough room?
    Also are the three seats large enough for a Child Seat in the centre and one (normal size) adult either side - the video is not clear enough to give us a good idea. last time we had a Toyota Sienna and with the 3 rear seats down we had masses of room for the cases. Our 4 year old was only 3 then and had a smaller car seat and there was plenty of room for her and two adults in the centre row of 3 seats.
    Thank you for any comments / observations.

Peterselin

We had a Tahoe a couple of months ago and what you plan for your seating arrangement will be find. There is a reasonable amount of room between each side in the back.

5 suitcases and hand baggage might be a bit tight, but that depends on the size of the cases and hand baggage. We had three hard and one soft case plus two roll-aboards. They fitted with a little room to spare so it all comes down to the size and type of case you have.

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis

Gold 5 Star Member
    Completely agree with Dave. We've had a Tahoe a couple of times and they're big beasties. We've had four suitcases (big ones) plus four pieces of hand luggage in the back without any problems. Even if you do end up full of luggage in the back there is plenty of room in the car itself.
    Steve

Florida Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    We had a Tahoe a couple of months ago and what you plan for your seating arrangement will be find. There is a reasonable amount of room between each side in the back.

5 suitcases and hand baggage might be a bit tight, but that depends on the size of the cases and hand baggage. We had three hard and one soft case plus two roll-aboards. They fitted with a little room to spare so it all comes down to the size and type of case you have.

Regards Dave
    Thanks Dave.
    Looks as though we can go with the Tahoe and save £250 over the Sienna. Will buy lots of Ice Creams for the little one.
    Regards.
    Peter.

I managed to squeeze an unearthly amount of stuff in the back of a Tahoe!

I don't think you'll have any problems. Just to be fair, I'd rotate the adults in the back and the front passenger seat each journey, in case they find the child seat bumps them during journeys.
    Tony G

Florida Chatterbox

Chevvy Tahoe 7 seater SUV

We are 2 adults and 4 kids. Will we struggle with luggage?? Only from airport but it will be 5 cases and hand luggage. I understand it's 2,2,3 seating so will put 3 kids right at back and other one on their own in the middle. Then recline the other middle seat and pile high.
    Will this work do you think??
    Thanks
    Garry Pullan

Florida Newbie

Hi Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by gpullan View Post
    We are 2 adults and 4 kids. Will we struggle with luggage?? Only from airport but it will be 5 cases and hand luggage. I understand it's 2,2,3 seating so will put 3 kids right at back and other one on their own in the middle. Then recline the other middle seat and pile high.
    Thanks
    The Excellent US Car Hire video shows the Tahoe as a 2 3 2 seating arrangement which may or may not make your challenge more difficult. We as 4 adults and one child will have the two rear seats laying flat to get the luggage in as we only need 5 seats.
    We have used a Toyota Sienna 8 seater and found it excellent for luggage space with the 3 rear seats down which was great as we spent 2 weeks in Orlando and one on the Gulf Coast so did more travelling.(will be doing the same this year but think we can get away with the Tahoe)
    Downside is cost with the Sienna something like £70 per week more.
    Good luck.
    Peter.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by gpullan View Post
    Thanks
    My recollection is that its 2 in the front, 3 in the middle and then 2 in seats at the back which can be folded back to increase the boot space. I would have thought 3 kids in the middle and 1 kid on the folding seat at the back with the other folded back. Then cram as much as you can in the back and probably have to have some bags/hand luggage in the kids knees.

It will be tight but its only for the trip too and from the airport.