Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ticket advice..

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Oak View Post
    Sue,

How do you order them and where do you collect them from ?

I can provide the photo ID and Utility Bill but if order on-line I would have to pay with my UK credit card which is of course registered to my UK address and i would think it would not accept a UK address.

Thanks.

Ian
    As the ability to purchase Florida residents tickets was given by the parks I would hate to see it being abused and then possibly withdrawn from everybody. You need proof for each person over 18. So if you have adult children it may be worth adding them to one of your accounts if you can.

You may find you need to have access to a virtual private network (VPN) to see Florida residents prices as if you use something like Internet explorer it will keep reverting back to Disney.co.uk (I use Ultrasurf) The good thing is that when you pay online and print your voucher it gives you a confirmation number you can then use to book your fast passes. When we went in December I had done them before we left but we didnt want to activate them until part way through our stay so we will be able to use them at the beginning of December this year.When I bought some purchases in Disney Springs she allowed me the discount even though I hadnt actually got the tickets yet. The good thing about the Resident one is that even the cheapest weekday select now includes parking. ($20 a day
    I actually find it easier to load the funds onto my Fairfx card and pay in $ because then I know exactly what exchange rate I am gettin and how much I am paying rather than wait to find out rate and any possible hidden fees from credit card. plus of curse it is then paid for in advance.
    Babblin Boo

Or just buy them over there . Getting residents passes has always being sketchy but I think in recent times they have made the requirements more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    As the ability to purchase Florida residents tickets was given by the parks I would hate to see it being abused and then possibly withdrawn from everybody. You need proof for each person over 18. So if you have adult children it may be worth adding them to one of your accounts if you can.

You may find you need to have access to a virtual private network (VPN) to see Florida residents prices as if you use something like Internet explorer it will keep reverting back to Disney.co.uk (I use Ultrasurf) The good thing is that when you pay online and print your voucher it gives you a confirmation number you can then use to book your fast passes. When we went in December I had done them before we left but we didnt want to activate them until part way through our stay so we will be able to use them at the beginning of December this year.When I bought some purchases in Disney Springs she allowed me the discount even though I hadnt actually got the tickets yet. The good thing about the Resident one is that even the cheapest weekday select now includes parking. ($20 a day
    I actually find it easier to load the funds onto my Fairfx card and pay in $ because then I know exactly what exchange rate I am gettin and how much I am paying rather than wait to find out rate and any possible hidden fees from credit card. plus of curse it is then paid for in advance.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Martin it was easy enough to get them with the proper ID but buying them online meant we could book fastpasses in advance of our trip, which as we were going at Christmas works for us especially as we are generally working on teh house in the morning and are then ableto go to the park later but still have our favourite rides booked. we didnt go for a few year because the long days at the park were too much for hubbys arthritis to cope with but a few hours at a time suits us.
    Babblin Boo

Sorry I overlooked the Fastpass advantage

Hi Martin it was easy enough to get them with the proper ID but buying them online meant we could book fastpasses in advance of our trip, which as we were going at Christmas works for us especially as we are generally working on teh house in the morning and are then ableto go to the park later but still have our favourite rides booked. we didnt go for a few year because the long days at the park were too much for hubbys arthritis to cope with but a few hours at a time suits us.

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by msmiff View Post
    Hi Drino,
    No sure how long it's been since you last went to Universal...?
    (& how big Harry Potter fans you & yours are)
    In the last few years, Universal have scrapped Jaws & replaced it with King's Cross Station + Diagon alley + "Escape from Gringotts" ride - arguably one of the best attractions !
    They've also connected I.O.A. & Universal with the Hogwarts Express train which, again, is a unique ride (IMHO) not to be missed...
    You need a Park to Park ticket to ride Hogwarts Express as you enter it in one park & leave it at the other..
    For the extra $30 or so, a P > P ticket allows you to 'do' all the new stuff.....
    Yes i knew about the merge of both parks,my issue is can i buy a single entrance ticket park to park for 1 day,or do i have to buy this when im actually in the states? We have done universal 3 times before but not the harry potter as its new,the only other question is can i fit the park to park into 1 day

Florida Chatterbox

What ID is acceptable. I have a driving licence and passport which both have a photo but of course they are both issued in the UK. I have utility bills for my property which have my name on them and the address of my house but they only have my name on them, not my wife.

I have managed to access the Florida residents web page on my laptop here in the UK but I have not tried to purchase tickets yet.

If we were to buy the passes in the US where can they be bought ? I seem to recall that there is a facility to buy tickets at Disney Springs.

Yes, you can get the tickets at customer services, near the glass shop, at Market place Disney Springs or at any of the parks. We usually go to Disney Springs as you have to pay parking etc before you get your ticket at the parks. Parking is free at Disney Springs and at the parks once you have your Florida res annual ticket.
    We use our UK passport as photo ID and villa utility bills but they do need each name on them so you will need to get your wife added to your utility account. We had to add our daughter to our phone account once she was 18 so that we can get her ticket. They used to accept villa mortgage documents but I think they may have stopped that.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    Yes, you can get the tickets at customer services, near the glass shop, at Market place Disney Springs or at any of the parks. We usually go to Disney Springs as you have to pay parking etc before you get your ticket at the parks. Parking is free at Disney Springs and at the parks once you have your Florida res annual ticket.
    We use our UK passport as photo ID and villa utility bills but they do need each name on them so you will need to get your wife added to your utility account. We had to add our daughter to our phone account once she was 18 so that we can get her ticket. They used to accept villa mortgage documents but I think they may have stopped that.

Sue
    Thanks Sue.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Universal have been quite sneaky and put the harry potter bits in both parks, so you need a park to park ticket if you are only going for the one day and want to do all the new harry potter bits.
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think from what I have heard to use the Hogwarts express you may have to have park to park access as well not a single park ticket.
    Babblin Boo