Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Miami - Airport Taxi and Drive to Gulf Coast

Cool Miami - Airport Taxi and Drive to Gulf Coast

Morning everyone, in 44 days we will be flying into to Miami for a few days before driving up to Orlando via Siesta Key. My question is, do any of you have experience - advice on getting from the Airport in Miami to Miami Beach. Last time we pre booked a car that turned into a disaster as we were delayed in the airport and they wanted to chare us waiting time. As it isn't far I was thinking of picking up a taxi? Anyone have experience of this?
    Next question, what's the be route from Miami to Siesta Key?

Tanks for your time,

Diane.
    Diane.

We did this a few years ago and got a taxi from the airport to South Beach. No car while in Miami and then picked a car up from South Beach for the drive up to Orlando. Parking in South Beach is difficult and expensive and you don't need a car as buses run all the way along the front. It was a few years ago and I don't remember the taxi fare but it wasn't too bad, just check before you get into the Taxi.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

We are doing what you suggest Gerry, we don't pick up the hire car until we leave Miami, last time we went, we used the buses and found them great fun and very cheap, but after a long flight I don't fancy getting a bus from the airport to the hotel, although I am aware that the bus stop is out side the hotel and possibly the easiest way to travel, its the dragging the suitcases on and off that puts me off. So I think we will opt for a taxi, pre booked went horribly wrong last time, so I think we will just pick one up kerb side.
    Diane.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Cannot help with the car aspect but i would take US41 out of Miami across to I75 Naples and then head up I75 to maybe Punta Gorda and hang a left here back onto US41 up to Siesta Key.

Only reason not to take US41 out of Naples is it is really busy until you pass through Fort Myers.
    Last edited by Pookie; 17-01-2016 at 22:39.

That makes sense, thanks.