Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Car hire prices

Administrator
    We are expecting a price increase for Alamo and National sometime tomorrow. If you use a referrer code, then the price should remain the same as it was.

Florida Junior
    Price increases are almost inevitable I suppose, but Dollar's increase of £200 for a convertible is bit on the high side.

Florida Junior
    hi

2 weeks ago I booked a 2 week intermediate car with Alamo for September 2016 cost £285 today it has gone up to £406

£60 a week is a pretty big increase - dollar exchange rate has not changed that much

Administrator
    I'm seeing this as £287 with Alamo for 2 weeks in September with 2 drivers. Some prices have gone up, and some have gone down. The exchange rate is now around 1.44 whereas last time prices were set they were around 1.65 so that accounts for some difference plus each year the rental companies increase the rates a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by paulm View Post
    hi

2 weeks ago I booked a 2 week intermediate car with Alamo for September 2016 cost £285 today it has gone up to £406

£60 a week is a pretty big increase - dollar exchange rate has not changed that much

Florida Savvy
    Hello yes i normally have not paid more than £250 with us car hire the last 4 times i have used them,oct 29th to november 13th we going in 2017,just gauging prices this year for same time,and pretty much like for like model over £300...also thanksgiving in 2017 is 23rd november so ill be out of the peak time

Florida Savvy
    I just filled in dates for this year oct/nov as we going next year and i can honestly say £460 for a standard suv is a pi** take...car hire i have for years booked with us car hire but seriously this isnt even school term times..We go spain every year and out of term time car hire 2weeks is about £150 maximum for similar motor...crazy

Florida Chatterbox

Car hire prices

I just booked intermediate suv for this nov at 368. Considering the dollar rate drop I thought it was reasonable

Administrator
    The car rental companies have now switched over to a dynamic pricing model, more like flights. Even throughout a day, prices can go up and down based on demand, and number of quotes and bookings for certain car types. Some cars have gone up considerably, some only a bit. The exchange rate is also being factored in on a continuous basis, whereas previously the prices were adjusted every few months to take in to account average exchange rates. If you now want to book certain cars at short notice, they will often be very much more expensive.

Note, this is across the board with all car rental suppliers (not something that us as agents are doing) so rest assured we will still continue to get you very competitive rates.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I hate the this dynamic pricing, you look around to price up a holiday and because you and maybe many other people are looking "demand" is higher so the price goes up.
    Babblin Boo

Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    I just booked intermediate suv for this nov at 368. Considering the dollar rate drop I thought it was reasonable
    What dates in November and how many nights as we are going Nov 10th-25th, 15 nights and it is coming up at £407. When we went at the end of April it was £338. Did you take the silver or gold option?
    Angie & Davy